Are you passionate about data, consumer trends and innovation? Do you have that special blend of analytical and people skills? Would you like to work in a dynamic and international team; support a prestigious customer portfolio of global brands and companies across Europe? If yes, this could be the right job for you.
The focus of this role is to ensure Mintel's market leading data and insight is applied to its full extent within our customers’ business to support their commercial objectives. You will do this by ensuring that our customers receive best-in-class levels of service, product support and collaboration on research briefs and presentations. This role has a particular focus on supporting our customers within the FMCG and ingredients portfolio.
No two days are the same in this role and the variety will give you exposure to a range of activities that achieve our core goal of retaining customers and building long-term partnerships. On any given day you will be:
- Working with Mintel syndicated content to answer specific briefs from customers, often within challenging timeframes.
- Creating thought provoking presentations, sharp one-pagers and informative newsletters illustrating consumer and market trends.
- Delivering engaging one-to-one and group product training and workshops with our customers to show them the value and best application of consumer research and statistics in their role and wider organisation.
- Analysing our portfolio of customers and their level of interaction with Mintel to find gaps and opportunities for our commercial team.
- Collaborating with our Account Directors to advise them on the best way to support their customers’ business objectives using Mintel research.
- Explaining research methodology to Mintel customers and Account Directors
- Recognising trends in customer requests and collaborating with analyst, marketing and product development teams to support developments of Mintel content and service.
- Logging all your activities on our CRM system, collating feedback from every customer interaction and supporting the Account Directors with networking and sales opportunities.
Mintel is all about people; we are committed to finding, retaining and developing the world’s most talented employees. We aim to stop work most days at 5:30pm, but if you’re interested beyond that there is plenty of social activities to keep you entertained outside of hours too. Mintel encourages staff to get involved in our sporting teams, charity group Mintel Gives, quarterly company parties, and a host of other social activities!
Desired Skills and Experience
Successful Candidates will need to have:
- Highly developed analytical skills, able to interpret a wealth of information from Mintel’s suite of products to build compelling stories with a commercial conclusion that will help drive our customers business forward.
- 1-2 years’ experience gained in a B2B or Agency environment, coupled with a passion for data and analysis, especially within beauty sector, but not only.
- Professional competency in German language is highly desirable to assist customers across the region.
- Advanced standard in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Supreme confidence in front of customers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English with first class communication skills. This includes being totally at ease on the telephone or face to face with customers at a variety of levels.
- Proven organisational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise/manage a heavy work flow.
- A solution-driven and results focused attitude. Having the right attitude; based on enthusiasm, ambition, and a positive outlook, should all be characteristics you cherish and display.
- Ideally you will have completed a business-related degree.
Flexibility to travel regularly within the UK and Europe to meet with customers.