We are looking for a highly organized market researcher to join its Consumer Research and Data Analytics team. This is a new role that will support and provide a first class level of quantitative and qualitative consumer data analysis and insight to our syndicated consumer research projects across the Americas. Based in our Chicago office, you will be working as part of Mintel’s global Consumer Research and Data Analytics team to manage day-to-day project milestones from questionnaire design through fieldwork, data analysis, and delivery.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Questionnaire design: Work with internal analysts to design high quality online and/or offline quantitative questionnaires, qualitative discussion guides, and conduct secondary research to meet research objectives and analysis requirements.
- Analyzing data: Use a wide range of research tools including SPSS and other in-house analysis tools to tabulate and analyze quantitative consumer research data effectively, including checking outputs and troubleshooting queries. This may also include running advanced statistical analysis including such as correspondence analysis, decision tree analysis, cluster analysis (segmentation), and forecasting as required.
- Quality maintenance: Ensure that research and data analysis deliverables are consistently delivered on schedule, within budget, and to a high quality.
- Managing internal and external supplier relationships: Liaise with external providers and the internal scripting team to ensure all research is conducted within budget and to deadline.
- Research and data consultancy: Help conduct consumer research training with analysts (including questionnaire design, data analysis, and using internal reporting tools) and act as a consultant to other teams within the organization by providing expertise in selecting research methodologies, devising sample plans, and interpreting statistical analysis.
- Developing in-house knowledge and operational processes: Participate in and lead the development of research methodologies and statistical techniques to add further value to Mintel’s output. You will also play a key part in the roll out of new operational developments within the research department (e.g. software, new processes, etc.), as well as proactively look at ways in which we can improve best practices within the team.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a market research environment (agency or client-side)
- Experience designing quantitative and qualitative questionnaires (online and offline)
- Proven experience with analyzing data in SPSS (or similar software)
- Knowledge of quantitative research methodologies and analysis techniques such as correlation, multivariate regression, TURF, Price Sensitivity Analysis, segmentation using factor, cluster, and/or CHAID analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate and present data, statistics, and other research-related findings and concepts to non-researchers
- Strong analysis and interpretive skills with the ability to extract ‘the story’ and meaningful insights from raw data
- High attention to detail with a focus on ensuring quality data
- Great organizational skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure as you will be required to work on a number of projects at the same time and will be working to tight deadlines
- A strong team player willing to help others both within and outside the team
- A high degree of numeracy
- Fluency in English with impeccable spelling and grammar; Fluency in additional languages a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets