The DACH and Central European region has long been a key market for Mintel, with many leading businesses within the FMCG industry being long serving customers. As we continue to grow this region, we are looking for an Account Manager to join the team based out of Mintel’s Düsseldorf office. The candidate should be ambitious, performance-oriented and will excel in managing and growing an existing portfolio of accounts.
Ideally, candidates will possess general knowledge and interest in marketing, research principles and disciplines, together with a passion and interest for the FMCG industry (food & drink, beauty & personal care, household care).
The successful candidate will be responsible for selling our award winning business intelligence platforms and their associated research tools along with custom solutions for clients, across the DACH region. Our emphasis is on face to face client meeting and so travel across the area is required to do the role.
- Retain and grow existing accounts across the territory using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail.
- Leverage client relationships to grow accounts by securing additional products or services to achieve a target portfolio percentage increase
- Identify new champions and revenue streams by networking throughout assigned accounts and by leveraging contacts throughout territory
- Develop and maintain expertise in the FMCG industry (focus on food & drink and beauty & personal care)
- Deliver exceptional sales results against monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Maintain required service plan through on-site meetings monthly.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years proven sales experience at the executive level
- Strong Account Management background, with proven success in achieving sales goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Fluency in German and English is essential
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Clean driving license
- Work as part of a fun, dynamic and successful team