Mintel, the world’s leading market intelligence agency, is looking for a consumer-focussed analyst to join its Dusseldorf based team.
The role will involve writing about a wide range of consumer-facing retail markets, ranging from the online grocery market to fashion retailing.
Our expert analysts help a wide range of businesses develop the products of tomorrow and give them the necessary edge to compete in an ever-evolving, fast-paced industry. This role will focus exclusively on the Germany market and will focus mainly on writing inspiring content for our digital platform. You will also deliver presentations to clients on key topics and trends.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience of turning consumer and trend research into bold, actionable insight. This experience could be on the client side or from a research/marketing strategy firm, but you need to be confident with working with data, as well as capable of translating this into engaging content for our clients.
It’ll be an advantage if you have a retail background, or if you have previous experience of researching and analysing the retail industry, but we would also consider candidates who don’t have direct experience of these markets, but who can show good background knowledge of the subject.
- Write insightful content about industry issues and trends that impact company strategy, brand development, innovation and consumer behaviour. You will be using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research to create content to a monthly publishing schedule.
- Identify objectives for consumer research and develop quantitative consumer surveys to meet those objectives
- Inspire and inform our clients with presentations, webinars, and at conferences and trade shows. You will be expected to manage project requests and deliver on time to meet clients’ business objectives. Deliverables will primarily involve on-site or webex presentations.
- Support our PR and marketing teams to help promote Mintel's expertise.
- Contribute to brainstorming and strategy meetings and help support other teams across the business. Analysts have daily contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company.
Required skills and experience:
- 2 years+ experience working with consumer research and trends
- Excellent writing and presenting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think quickly and creatively
- Flexibility to travel when necessary
- Fluency in German and English
- A real passion for understanding the trends that shape people’s behaviour