(Senior) Research Analyst - Lifestyles, Japan
Mintel is the world’s leading Market Intelligence agency, with offices in London, Chicago, Shanghai, Bangkok, Belfast, Düsseldorf, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, New York, São Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Tokyo. Mintel has been a global market leader for over 45 years with more than thousand employees worldwide. We work with the world’s most renowned consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers, and professional services agencies such as Marketing and Advertising agencies, think-tanks.
In Asia Pacific, Mintel has been successfully delivering market intelligence and consumer insights for over 20 years. We are now accelerating our investment to build on the success of our existing Japan business. We are looking for a team of experienced and ambitious (Senior) Research Analysts to help build and grow our talent pool and create market research reports in Japan.
This opportunity will offer you the chance to be part of the new growth chapter in our Japan business. You will develop your own expertise about the industry sector with both Japanese and global insight, whilst giving you the opportunity to interact and influence of the world’s largest consumer brands, marketing and advertising agencies.
- Content publishing
Mintel’s Syndicated Reports are covering a variety of Japanese consumer markets identifying the key issues facing global and domestic trends, manufacturers, suppliers and retailers
- Write and publish 6-8 Syndicated Reports a year
- Responsible for the full report from defining the report scope to publishing the final report
- Define the report scope and design consumer quantitative research with Research Directors
- Gather primary and secondary data relevant to each market, and work with Research Directors to develop accurate market, company and segmentation data
- Work with the Global/Regional trend experts to identify most relevant global and domestic trends
- Analyze and interpret all consumer, market, company data, and global and domestic trends
- Develop insights that have meaningful business implications using strong business acumen
- Build relationships with industry contacts to understand the key issues influencing consumers, innovation and company strategy, identifying the most relevant issues to explore in consumer research
- Contribute to brainstorming and strategy meetings and help support other teams across the business. Analysts have daily contact with a wide range of teams in other areas of the company.
- Client Service
- Handle client service requests related to the subject field upon training
- Support commercial team to proactively share Mintel’s insights with clients & prospects in face-to-face meetings
- Promote Mintel’s brand in the marketplace by supporting marketing and PR activities such as media interviews
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years working experience in consumer research, marketing or consulting role
- Proven expertise in the subject area, ideally accumulated from the industry/client side
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, attention to detail
- Good organizational, planning, and collaborative skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Open & global mindset
- Excellent Japanese writing and speaking
- Business level English
- Willing to travel overseas