We are looking for a Consumer Research Analyst with an interest in quantitative consumer research to join Mintel's Consumer Research team in Dusseldorf. The role will suit someone who already has good knowledge of designing surveys, dealing with fieldwork providers and advising on survey sampling. . You will be working as part of a global team that provides a first class level of quantitative consumer analysis and insight to the annual schedule of Mintel’s consumer reports primarily within the food & drink, beauty and lifestyle sectors.
This role will require working closely with Mintel’s in-house analyst teams managing their research projects from questionnaire design through fieldwork and data analysis.
Designing quantitative consumer surveys: Working with report analysts to design insightful consumer questionnaires across a variety of European markets to meet research objectives.
Managing supplier relationships: Liaising daily with internal and external suppliers ensuring research is conducted on budget and to schedule.
Analysing data: Using common survey analysis techniques such as segmentation, correspondence mapping and key driver analysis.
Working with other Mintel teams: Providing expertise in consumer research and offering l support in analysing survey data.
Maintaining internal databases: Gathering market data through secondary research.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 years previous experience in a market research role
• Experience of designing and analysing quantitative consumer questionnaires and data
• Knowledge of SPSS or R (or similar statistical software)
• Knowledge of/interest in qualitative research techniques
• Great organisational/time management skills
• The ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way
• Some experience with secondary data sources, such as industry or government data
• A high degree of numeracy
• Fluency in German and English