Consumer Lifestyles Analyst – Middle East and Africa
Mintel, the world’s leading market intelligence agency, is looking for a Consumer Lifestyles Analyst to cover markets in the Middle East and Africa, and based in our London office.
Our expert analysts help a wide range of businesses develop the products of tomorrow and give them the necessary edge to compete in an ever-evolving, fast-paced industry. This role will help support the Mintel’s expanding consumer research focus across the Middle East and Africa.
Specifically the role will work as part of a global team to help co-ordinate our lifestyle and trend consumer questions and also help provide lifestyle related content to Mintel’s global digital platforms in the Middle East and Africa. There will also be presentations to clients on key topics and trends.
Mintel's lifestyle surveys cover issues as diverse as the future implications of an aging population, changing habits among younger consumers, or how to most effectively market to parents. The ideal candidate has an in depth knowledge of the region, and can demonstrate experience of turning consumer and trend research into bold, actionable insight. This experience could be on the client side or from a research/marketing strategy firm, but you need to be confident with working with data, as well as capable of translating this into engaging content for our clients.
- Help coordinate our global consumer and trend research for markets across EMEA, and to work with our local teams to ensure questions are relevant for local market needs.
- Write insightful content about consumer and lifestyle issues and trends that impact company strategy, brand development, innovation and consumer behaviour. You will be using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research to create content to a monthly publishing schedule.
- Inspire and inform our clients with presentations, webinars, and at conferences and trade shows. You will be expected to manage project requests and deliver on time to meet clients’ business objectives. Deliverables will primarily involve on-site or webex presentations.
- Support our PR, marketing and Consultancy teams that help promote Mintel's expertise.
- Contribute to brainstorming and strategy meetings and help support other teams across the business. Analysts have daily contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company.
Required skills and experience:
- 2-5 years’ experience working with consumer research and trends in the Middle East and/or Africa, with knowledge of Nigeria or Saudi.
- Excellent writing and presenting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think quickly and creatively
- Flexibility to travel when necessary
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of consumer markets in other countries would be an advantage