Mintel is looking for a User Experience Designer to help strategize, implement, and test user interface design across the suite of Mintel products. The ultimate goal of the position is to deliver Mintel’s insight to our users through simple, intuitive, effective, and intentional web experiences.
The right candidate is a dynamic, empathetic, collaborative individual with a passion for building elegant solutions to user needs. You believe in the value of process, and are experienced enough to know how to adapt and scale a process to meet business and product needs. You articulate your position clearly, and with the conviction appropriate to your position as the advocate for users. You know best practices, and you know that they’re not always right. You aren’t afraid to experiment to find what best suits for your unique users.
You know that no design is ever done -- just a new point from which to learn and evolve. You find this challenge exciting. You have a clear idea of what makes a project a success; you are motivated by the desire to do things better, and driven to learn wherever you can. You are experienced and skilled in profiling users, identifying use cases, wireframing interfaces and interactions, building prototypes, and establishing optimization plans. You excel at working with data and research products. You command a customer-centric focus in all that you do and are driven to deeply understand and empathize with users. All of this you do skillfully and swiftly in an agile setting.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Use proven user-centric design principles in the creation of new user interfaces
- Base design solutions on well-researched use cases, process flows and wireframes, in full knowledge of interaction behaviors
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in and acting upon usability testing, and interpreting and acting upon analytics data
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, product owners, software developers, and fellow designers from conceptualization through design to implementation
What We Are Looking For:
- 1-3 years’ user interface strategy and design experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- MS or BA in web design, human-computer interaction, experimental psychology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with feature/use case development, wireframe creation, information architecture, rapid prototyping, conceptual design, UI specifications
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Good working knowledge of quantitative research and the principles of experiment design
- High performance under pressure, producing quality output to deadline, within a fast-paced development environment
- Ability to make strong recommendations based on industry trends, client research, business needs research, and technical feasibility
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, Illustrator
- Practical experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment desired
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets