Mintel and Technology
Mintel’s mission is to help companies grow by providing the world’s leading Market Intelligence services, enabling true understanding of consumers and consumer markets. This involves collecting and processing varied data sets at scale and providing tools to our analysts and data scientists so they can join the dots and make sense of consumers and consumer markets for our clients.
Like many industries, ours is rapidly evolving and digital transformation trends enabled by technology are a key disruptive driving force. That’s why technology is at the core of everything Mintel does and why we have embarked on an ambitious technology transformation program to provide modern, scalable, flexible platforms to power our business.
We are already on our technology journey to re-platform and migrate our services to the cloud. We are consolidating our varied legacy systems and re-implementing our services through a set of core cloud technology platforms.
We are looking for a Chief Architect to help us on this journey and in particular to define a more strategic approach to our technology evolution. You will be responsible for defining, maintaining and communicating our future state architecture and the roadmap to get there. Working with the regional VPs of Engineering and leading a small, talented team of architects and senior engineers you will have great freedom to make a real impact on Mintel’s future success. This is a hands-on role requiring a strong technical background and practical experience working closely with engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Mintel's strategic business plans.
- Define the technology vision, strategy and long term architectural roadmap to meet Mintel's future needs.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the technologies and architecture in place at Mintel, including maintaining current and future state architecture plans.
- Get buy in for architectural plans and design approaches to help delivery teams effectively implement the technology strategy.
- Lead a team of Platform and Data architects, ensuring a cohesive approach is adopted across all of Mintel's technology platforms.
- Build strong partnerships with the regional VPs of engineering, Global Head of Infrastructure, Information Security Officer and other IT managers.
- Participate in Mintel's data strategy initiative and oversee the enterprise data and metadata design activities.
- Create and maintain an appropriate level of documentation to ensure efficient and consistent communication of designs, requirements and standards.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of IT industry best practices and emerging technologies and architectural paradigms.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and incorporate into the technology vision and architectural roadmap.
- Own the enterprise architecture and enterprise technology standards and conventions at Mintel.
- Establish, maintain and evolve appropriate agile / lean processes and methodologies for Enterprise Architecture at Mintel, including architectural governance.
Qualities / Competencies
- Experience leading or working as part of an enterprise architecture team.
- Familiarity with one or more Enterprise Architecture methodologies or frameworks.
- The ability to understand and talk strategically about business priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of modern cloud based technology architectures and design paradigms and experience applying them in collaboration with engineering teams.
- In depth practical knowledge of one or more cloud computing platforms and related 3rd party architectural components.
- High levels of confidence and authority, combined with well developed emotional intelligence.
- Excellent collaboration, persuasion, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading through effective communication and influence in a global environment.
- Familiarity with architecture in the context of agile engineering practices.
- Global travel will be required; London, Chicago, Shanghai - up to 6 times a year, typically.