Job Title: Receptionist, Reporting to: Head of Office Services
Location: 11 Pilgrim Street, London EC4V 6RN
Mintel House, 4 Playhouse Yard, London EC4V 5EX
Contract type: Permanent
Contracted hours: Monday to Friday, shift (7.45am-4.15pm or 8.30am-5pm)
Salary: 21k p.a.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a warm welcoming Reception experience for all clients, visitors and colleagues within Mintel’s two London offices.
Working as a Receptionist, you will:
- Efficiently and courteously welcome all clients, visitors and colleagues that arrive at Reception
- Answer telephone calls within 3 rings and direct calls without error using a switchboard
- Take meeting room bookings, being vigilant that the meeting rooms are kept tidy and in order at all times
- Set up refreshments and catering for meetings and events as required, ensuring that these are cleared away
- Book couriers and taxis
- Complete ad-hoc tasks delegated by the HR and Office Services Team
- Provide lunch time Reception cover daily and as required i.e. annual leave, sickness
- Perform your services in a professional manner, to the best of your ability in willing cooperation with others
- Arrive promptly before your shift is due to start to allow you to be at Reception at a designated time and
leave the Reception tidy and in order at the end of your shift
- Observe all policies and procedures as provided by Mintel
- Assisting in booking national and international business travels via Concur : flights, cars and accommodation.
- Managing London's flat's calendar and booking accommodation for Mintel's employees visiting London.
- Arranging for catering for meetings and daily office use, including employee breakfast for early starters.
- Manage reception's credit card - doing monthly expenses
- Accepting, filing and informing about mail
- Signing in visitors and supplying them with visitor's passes
- Acting as a first Aider and Fire Marshal when required. Training will be provided
- Assist in events coordination when required
The ideal candidate will have:
● Enthusiasm, exceptional customer service skills and focus
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Proven organisational skills and self-motivation
● Ability to multitask
● Attention to detail
● Great team-player
● Professional personal presentation
● A flexible approach to working