Mintel has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join our dynamic Head Office Accounts Department. This permanent position is a wide varied role with a focus on our fast growing Brazilian entity. Reporting directly to Group Financial Accountant, it is well suited to an individual that is looking to start their career in accounting and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sales Ledger: raising invoices and credit notes, liaising with Sales Departments to ensure necessary order paperwork is complete
- Purchase Ledger: processing invoices/credits by coding and posting, communication with suppliers, preparing payment runs
- Bank receipts and payments postings
- Liaising with the outsourced accountant based in Brazil and working closely with the local sales team
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Assist with month-end close including prepayments and accruals
- Liaising and working with regional offices in APC and Americas for payments and transfers
- Provide assistance where necessary throughout the accounts department and participate in any ad-hoc projects as and when required.
To be considered for the role, candidates must:
- Fluent in Portuguese
- Previous experience of working in Accounts and demonstrate good working knowledge of AR and AP processes. A candidate with less experience and looking to work towards a professional qualification (CIMA/ACCA) will also be considered.
- Highly numerate with good attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Work on own initiative and well-organised
- Have a good level of written and oral communication skills
- Possess intermediate excel skill - advanced excel desirable
- Good IT knowledge will be required