Mintel is the world’s leading market intelligence agency. With offices around the world we take a global view on what is happening in the space of CPG trends and innovation. We offer our clients a unique perspective on the future of the consumer landscape and a clear roadmap to navigate it with.
We are looking for a Trend & Innovation Consultant, ANZ based in our Sydney office who gets excited about innovation strategy, consumer trends and helping brands and businesses grow. Great presentation skills are a must for this role as you would be inspiring teams to develop products for the future.
A background and interest in beauty/personal care would be ideal but exposure to CPG is a must.
- This position is required to work in a B2B environment and requires you to work closely with global & regional FMCG clients.
- As part of the Regional Asia Pacific Consulting team this role is pivotal in promoting, scoping and delivering Mintel Consulting projects, providing clients with strategies within new product development through customised projects.
- Examples of Consulting project scopes include innovation strategy landscaping, product category and market insight report, ideation workshops, market entry studies, strategic market evaluations, trend immersions, data analysis, opportunity landscaping and new product development.
- It also requires the roll-out of the Mintel Insights Program across the Australia and New Zealand region, presenting on-site to multiple FMCG companies. The Insights Program covers key macro-consumer trends and their applicability to the food, drink, beauty and personal care spaces.
- As such there is extensive client interaction within this position, with the candidate’s ability to identify consulting opportunities and match Mintel solutions a crucial skill.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Provide cutting-edge insights and thought-provoking opinion.
- Provide clients with paths for innovation through opportunity mapping, portfolio strategy and platform development.
- Delivery of Insight Presentations in an informative and engaging manner.
- Research into FMCG (food/non-food) innovation trends in the Asia Pacific market, in particular the Australian and New Zealand markets.
- Evangelize Consulting capabilities within the existing client base and the regional account management team.
- Collaborate with consultants, research analysts and account directors on the creation and roll-out of the Insights Program across the region.
- Tertiary qualifications, 6+ years of experience in FMCG / consumer markets, brand strategy, marketing and/or market research/consulting.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Highly creative with strong content creation skills.
- Capability to interpret data and perform product gaps analysis.
- Superior communication skills, including presentations, scoping projects, and writing proposals.
- Experienced analyst as project manager and individual contributor.
- Relevant business development experience.
- Strong analytical skills & eye for visual detail.
- Time management.
- Enthusiastic and passionate and willing to travel to Melbourne (approximately once a month), Adelaide (once a year) and Auckland (4 times a year).