Mintel is a global leader in providing consumer market research, competitive intelligence tools and customized consulting solutions to large organizations. With group headquarters in London and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.
Our Marketing department is looking for a Marketing Associate to join the team in Chicago. The ideal candidate is a talented, hard-working individual looking to start their career with a fast-paced company. Work ethic, attention to detail and desire to learn will be highly valued in this position, as will cheerfulness and a good sense of humor. This varied and fast-paced role will appeal to a team-player eager to expand on their marketing knowledge, and gain exposure to a multitude of marketing practices. The Marketing Associate will report to the Senior Marketing Manager.
This position joins the US Marketing team providing brand development, lead generation, event management and sales support for North and South American sales teams. The Marketing Associate will assist in both planning and executing marketing activities; many campaigns will be led independently. Daily tasks include conference and tradeshow management, building and launching online and offline campaigns, crafting and curating content for our digital channels, qualifying leads for the sales team and maintaining data integrity.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Researching and confirming speaking and exhibiting events and opportunities in all applicable vertical markets, reporting post show analysis on assigned events
- Developing marketing materials such as brochures and promotional materials; monitoring office supply and reordering as necessary
- Facilitating client/prospect webinars across the business
- Ensuring all stakeholders are fully informed on campaigns
- Problem-solving any logistical issues that may arise with equipment or collateral for assigned events, sales personnel and others as needed
- Maintaining and developing relationships with suppliers and event personnel
- Keeping accurate and timely record of all costs for campaigns to ensure that campaigns stay within budget
- Preparing ROI analysis on all marketing efforts
- Identifying new opportunities or efficiencies
- Supporting the overall global marketing strategy
What We Are Looking For:
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- 2-3 years of professional experience or an internship in Marketing or Communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, adhere to deadlines, deliver high-quality results and manage multiple priorities
- Level-headed problem solver with a professional and service-oriented attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Superb organizational and tracking skills
- Team player that also excels as a high-performing individual contributor
- Strong willingness to help in any area, develop skills and learn new things
- Adaptable, responsible and dependable
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts and practices
- Proficient use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Mintel does not offer sponsorship for this particular role, and so at this time, we are only able to consider candidates who do not have limitations in their ability to work in the United States long-term.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets