Mintel is looking for a Global Analyst to provide maternity cover in its fast growing food and drink team in London that focuses on providing thought leading insights and analysis across multiple markets and categories. Our Global Analysts are tasked with challenging our clients’ ideas and thinking by providing fresh insight and analysis with impact building upon our proprietary data and analysis.
In this role you will:
- Engage with Mintel’s international client base of major global food and drink brands, retailers and suppliers, supporting our account management teams through every interaction. [~50% of your time]
- Client service will be provided in support of the account management team to both existing clients and prospects across the EMEA region, and also globally where appropriate.
- You will be expected to manage project requests and deliver on time to meet clients’ business objectives. Deliverables will primarily involve on-site or webex presentations.
- Support may also be requested on other projects managed/undertaken by other Mintel analysts/consultants around the world.
- Topics for client support might include: identifying and predicting industry trends and white space opportunities; analysing evolving consumer needs and what it means for particular businesses; analysis of emerging products, ingredients, claims and breakthroughs in the food and drink industry.
- Deliver insight and analysis at the category and broader consumer level through proactive content delivered to our clients through the Mintel Food & Drink platform. [~35% of your time]
- This involves writing a high standard of engaging content to a monthly publishing schedule within defined food/drink categories.
- Work with sales, marketing, and management to help drive business growth. [~15% of your time]
- This will include support of sales and marketing initiatives, including speaking at conferences and events, as well as responding to press requests.
- In addition, this could include involvement in the enhancement of service offerings and assistance on internal projects as identified by the food and drink research management team.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working for one or more of the following:
- a manufacturer or brand in the European food and drink industry
- market research/advertising/marketing strategy and/or consultancy
- analytics company in a FMCG role
- brand planner role which included FMCG experience
- Strong client development and presentation skills are a must, with an ability to be forward looking and basing projections on fact, knowledge and good judgment
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data and understanding what these patterns might mean for consumers and the companies serving those consumers
- Ability to think creatively when analyzing and presenting data and a talent for storytelling with data
- Ability to write concise, insightful and engaging analysis in the English language
- Confidence in presenting to large audiences as well as ability to deliver more interactive sessions to smaller groups, which may include senior management/board level
- Multi country knowledge and experience an advantage
- Fluency in French and English
- Ability to travel within Europe/rest of world up to 30%