Mintel is the world’s leading market intelligence agency. With offices around the world we take a global view on what is happening in the space of CPG innovation. We offer our clients a unique perspective on the future of the consumer landscape and a clear roadmap to navigate it with.
We are seeking to hire a smart and energetic Account Manager to join the CPG sales team in our Sydney office. This is an exciting opportunity for a polished sales-orientated Account Manager, who is ambitious and performance driven.
In addition to be being an exceptional individual sales performer, the ideal candidate will have experience or knowledge and interest in market research principles and disciplines, as well as strong creative problem solving skills.
This position will be responsible for managing and developing client relationships within the Australian and New Zealand CPG market. And will also be responsible for business growth in our Custom Solutions research space.
The key focus of this position will be on-site account management designed to develop relationships that increase Mintel’s presence within each clients business. Excellent product communication, networking, product support, customer service, and up-selling skills are required.
- Manage a broad portfolio of accounts across both Australia and New Zealand.
- Maintain and develop existing client relationships within an assigned portfolio using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail
- Maintain product knowledge across all Mintel product lines and services
- Identify new champions and revenue streams within a client’s business by networking throughout assigned accounts and by leveraging contacts throughout the industry
- Continuously deliver creative business solutions to prove ROI on a monthly or quarterly basis to aid in the renewal and relationship development process
- Create account level business plans specific to assigned portfolio
- Deliver accurate forecasts to sales management
- Effectively utilize Mintel's CRM system to manage reporting and account records (Salesforce.com)
- Negotiate and close contracts and deliver industry-leading renewal rates
- Ability to present data, train, and communicate comfortably in front of large groups
- Travel up to 50% or as needed internationally and domestically. High level of travel to New Zealand due to portfolio make up.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of proven sales experience at the executive level
- Consultative sales experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, planning and problem solving skills
- Strong account management and business development background, with proven success in expanding client relationships and showing excellence in maximizing account potential
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style