Mintel seeks to hire an ambitious and entrepreneurial Business Development Manager based in Sydney. The successful candidate should demonstrate a proven track record in achieving business growth success within the FMCG industry.
Ideally candidates will possess a general knowledge and interest in marketing and market research together with a passion for selling and helping clients in the FMCG industry. The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for selling our award winning research tools and services to leading brand manufacturers of FMCG companies across Australia.
To learn more about Mintel and its tools and services please visit www.mintel.com
- Create a strategy to target new clients
- Be able to thoroughly understand a prospect’s requirements and provide a solution based on Mintel’s existing suite of offerings
- Utilize a consultative approach with clients to understand their ambitions and be able to demonstrate how Mintel can support that with a clear ROI
- Deliver exceptional sales results against target
- Have a clear, realistic and ongoing management of your sales pipeline throughout all cycles
- Actively respond to and convert leads as well as have the ability to generate new leads through a go-wide approach within organisations
- Travel to clients for face-to-face meetings and manage your territory to the highest standards
- Target clients at the Senior and C-level Executive level within dynamic and progressive organizations
- Work strategically with the team to start, grow and support all aspects of the business sales cycle
- Support Senior Business Development Manager with qualifying leads, and assist Senior Business Development Manager by scheduling new business meetings
- Gather and relay market feedback information to the sales and leadership teams
- Maintain records of all interactions with qualified prospects using our internal tracking database
- Minimum 1-2 years proven sales results at the executive level
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel to grow business – Estimate around 25% travel time, weekly trips to Melbourne
- Sound presentation skills, ability to listen, and excellent closing skills
- Strong business development background, with proven success in establishing and expanding client relationships, and showing excellence in maximizing account potential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style and strong business ethic
- Enthusiastic and passionate – have a genuine interest in the product. Have the presence and ability to ‘excite’ people about the service