Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency. and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We are looking for Graduate Full-Stack Developers with a passion for coding to join our London team, where you will help us develop the internal application used to produce our unique Mintel content.
We are a small team working on the continuous improvement of our in-house content builder platform:
- Our platform is based on Alfresco for content management and workflows, so we use Java as a programming language and Spring as a framework.
What we expect from you:
- Passion for writing reusable code in a clean way.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology platforms.
- Good communication skills, and a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to interact with colleagues outside the IT department.
- Some programming experience. We believe an intelligent applicant will be able to learn the tools we use quickly, regardless of their background.
What we offer you:
- Exposure to our full software stack, using primarily Open-Source software and extensive pairing activities to get you familiar with that.
- Continuous improvement of your capabilities, through individual training, lunch & learn sessions, workshops and meetups.
- Ability to influence the direction of your team and have a primary impact on the product you work on.
- A relaxed, friendly and collaborative working atmosphere plus the possibility to work from home for up to two days a week.
- Opportunities to collaborate and work with teams based in Chicago and Shanghai.
Our teams are extremely diverse using many different platforms, but we don't require any technology-specific prior knowledge, we will support you with your learning where required. Technologies in use include:
- Programming languages: Java, Python, C++.
- Web backend frameworks: Django, Alfresco, Spring.
- Web frontend technologies: React.js, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, SCSS, Selenium, Webpack.