Mintel is a global market intelligence agency, headquartered in London. We work with the world’s most renowned companies in Consumer Packaged Goods and Professional Services (eg retailers and advertising agencies). We pride ourselves on providing the insight that drives every great business decision for our clients.
Building on its decade-success in China, Mintel has an ambitious growth plan to further enrich our products and solutions for clients. We are looking for more talents to join the China Report team who are the brains behind our one and only market intelligence report in the marketplace.
This opportunity will offer you the chance to develop your own expertise and be the thought-leader in an industry/sector, with the opportunity to influence the world’s largest consumer brands and advertising agencies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Content publishing
- Work with Research Directors to write and publish 8-9 reports a year covering a variety of consumer markets that demonstrate Mintel’s expertise in the subject field
- Gather primary and secondary data relevant to each market, and work with Research Directors to develop accurate market, company and segmentation data
- Build relationships with industry contacts to understand the key issues influencing consumers, innovation and company strategy, identifying the most relevant issues to explore in consumer research
- Meet tight publication deadlines
2. Client Service
- Handle client service requests related to the subject field
- Support commercial team to proactively share Mintel’s insights with clients & prospects in face-to-face meetings
- Promote Mintel’s brand in the marketplace by supporting marketing and PR activities such as media interviews
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in consumer research, marketing or consulting role
- Proven expertise in the subject area, ideally accumulated from the industry/client side
- Passion for, and knowledge of consumer markets (by passion we mean the sensitivity to what’s happening in the market through observation, and the patience to study deep into a subject)
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, attention to detail
- Business acumen: being able to develop insights that have meaningful business implications
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Open-minded & collaborative
- Mandarin and English to business level
- Good University degree (overseas experience preferred)
- Willing to travel