We are looking for a research analyst for our consumer technology team. The role will suit a candidate who already has experience of generating analysis and insight from a wide range of research sources, and who has a good understanding of the issues affecting the consumer technology industry.
You will be working as part of a team of technology, media and leisure analysts, sharing ideas and insight, but also taking ownership of specific product areas, where you will have responsibility for researching, writing and updating reports, dealing with client queries, and working with Mintel’s in-house statisticians, sales team and marketing/PR teams. The role will also involve presenting to high-level industry clients and at industry events.
Report research and writing: You will be using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research, to create insightful, relevant reports in a wide range of consumer-facing technology markets.
Insight generation: Both as part of the report writing process and in your interactions with clients and industry figures, you’ll need to be able to turn consumer research findings, market data and industry knowledge into actionable insight.
Building relationships with clients and industry figures: Mintel’s clients range from small marketing agencies to the multi-national technology giants. Information flows both ways. We help clients understand the markets in which they or their own clients are operating, but also draw on their knowledge as part of the report-writing process, conducting trade interviews in order to gain insight into the key issues facing the industry. Analysts also visit clients on an ad-hoc basis to present key findings and insights, as well as speaking at industry events.
Working with other Mintel teams: Analysts have daily contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company. Key contacts include our research services team, who manage consumer research and provide statistical support, our sales team, and our PR and marketing teams.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way.
- At least two years’ experience in a research-based or analytical role.
- A passion for and understanding of the consumer technology sector.
- A high degree of numeracy.
- Secondary research skills: as well as our own data, Mintel reports make extensive use of secondary data sources, such as industry or government data.
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data, and understanding what these patterns might mean for consumers and the companies serving those consumers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Great organisational skills.
- Ability to talk knowledgeably with our internal sales teams about your reports.
- Ability to talk knowledgeably and confidently with our external clients about your area of expertise.