Wanted: A creative-thinking, trends-spotting, future-looking, Asia-Pacific specialising Trends Manager.
Mintel is looking for an established trends thinker to support the growth of Mintel’s Trends offering across the Asia-Pacific region. This person will live and breathe consumer trends, and have a clear understanding of how society, culture, lifestyles and brand activity is developing within the Asia-Pacific region.
Mintel’s Asia Pacific Manager of Trends will oversee and be responsible for spotting intriguing innovations from across the Asia-Pacific market. These “Trends Observations” will be used to inspire new product and campaign development in line with consumer trends. The Manager of Trends will be able to observe brand and consumer activity from a wide range of categories to create compelling stories of how broader consumer trends are evolving, be able to create content which excites and inspires audiences with the latest trend thinking. They will form a crucial part of the global trend-spotting team, ensuring that Mintel’s global trends are effectively applied to the Asia-Pacific region. They will also manage a team of trend-spotters across the region, and involve themselves in strategic thinking in the development of the Trends product. They will be responsible for representing Trends to clients, prospects and the media.
Based in Mintel’s Asia-Pacific region and reporting to Singapore Regional office, this person will have the best of both worlds: A fast-growing, boutique-style office environment, connected to a growing, dynamic, global company network.
A confident, inquisitive, creative, adaptable, self-driven, lateral thinker is needed.
- Create Trend Observation content which is thought-provoking and reflects how consumers are now interacting with brands.
- Drive Mintel’s global trends in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Oversee and manage Trends Analysts in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Manage allocated budget and project timelines.
- Work with commercial teams to develop client relationships and new business development.
- Share and present Trends thinking to clients.
- Work with the global trends team to ensure Mintel’s trends strategy is supported by relevant data and are applicable to a range of categories and demographics.
- Use Mintel data tools to ensure Trends content is well-evidenced.
Experience & Skills:
- Lateral thinking is critical, being able to spot innovations from a wide range of sectors to see how broader trends and themes are emerging.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Trends/Insights/Planning/Innovation/Journalism role within an agency or client side.
- Experience of working with brand strategy in the Asia-Pacific market.
- Fluency and accuracy in written and spoken English.
- Track record of presenting trends content to inspire audiences.
- Previous management experience a strong advantage.
- Ability to display information in a creative way.
- Ability to apply insights to a range of different categories.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Confident working with data.
- Degree level education.
- Inquisitive by nature and hungry to find out what’s next.