Mintel is an international leader in providing consumer market research and competitive intelligence tools as well as in delivering customised solutions to top-tier organisations.
Mintel is looking for a research analyst for its London-based Household Care team. The ideal candidate will already have experience generating analysis and insight from a wide range of research sources, and a good understanding of issues that affect the household care industry.
This newly created role will involve delivering global insight and analysis for the category, and researching, writing and updating Mintel’s stream of in-depth UK Household Care Reports. It will also involve presenting to high-level clients and at industry events.
The role will include:
Report research and writing: using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research, to create insightful, relevant reports in a wide range of household care markets.
Delivering insight through the Household Care platform: writing engaging content that will challenge our clients’ thinking by providing fresh analysis and insight, building upon our proprietary data.
Building relationships with clients and industry figures: conducting trade interviews to gain insight into key issues facing the industry, visiting clients to present key findings and insights, and speaking at industry events.
Client support: engaging with Mintel’s international client base of brands, retailers and suppliers, supporting the account management team with existing clients and prospects across the EMEA region.
Working with other Mintel teams: liaising with the sales, consumer research, data analytics, and PR and marketing teams.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- At least two years’ experience in a research-based or analytical role.
· An understanding of the household care sector.
· Ability to write concise, insightful and engaging analysis.
· A high degree of numeracy.
· Secondary research skills: the ability to utilise industry or government data.
· A talent for seeing patterns behind data, and understanding what this means for consumers and businesses.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Great organisational skills.
· Ability to talk knowledgeably with Mintel’s external clients and internal sales teams about your area of expertise.