Are you a beauty enthusiast?
Do you have a passion for creating tomorrow’s beauty bestseller?
Are you curious about what drives consumer behaviour?
Do you love designing new product and go-to-market strategies?
Mintel is a global market intelligence company, headquartered in London, UK. We work with the world’s most renowned consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers. Building on its success, Mintel is expanding the Japanese Beauty and Personal Care team.
We are looking for an ambitious beauty and personal care analyst to work with a growing team in Japan and also interact with our global team. This opportunity will offer you the chance to interact with Japan’s leading beauty companies and their supply chain as well as develop your own expertise. As J-Beauty leads global innovation, you will be at the epicentre of beauty’s new and groundbreaking ideas.
Deliver beauty trend forecasts at the category and broader consumer level through monthly analysis delivered to our clients through the Mintel BPC online platform.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Identifying and predicting white space opportunities and industry trends for brands and manufacturers through written analysis (published on a syndicated research website) covering:
- Emerging ingredient, product, and marketing trends in the Japanese BPC industry
- Developing brand and retailer strategies
- Interacting with major Beauty & Personal Care industry players
- Regularly speak with clients on global and regional trends and product development ideas
- Representing Mintel as an industry expert at tradeshows and with press
- At least five years of knowledge and experience gained from working client-side or in the industry sectors: beauty and personal care, retail, and consumer trends
- Ability to analyze multiple sets of data and write concise, insightful analysis
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
- Additional experience in Household categories also welcome
- Ability to travel
The ideal candidate will possess
- In-depth experience in the Japanese Beauty industry and a confidence to combine that knowledge with strong data analysis skills to make future trend forecasts
- Experience with new product development, competitive intelligence, brand development, and consumer research and trends
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data and understanding what these patterns might mean for consumers and the companies serving those consumers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients
- Written and Spoken Japanese and English to business level
- University degree