Research, analyze, recommend, implement, train and support the applications and systems that support Minitab’s product development community with little or no supervision. Serve as a leader on projects internal to the department and as a technical lead on projects involving other departments. May act as the point person for critical product development systems or applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with decision makers, software engineers, and other development roles to define the need and requirements for new software development tools.
- Lead the research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts and communicate the advantages and disadvantages of implementing such tools.
- Champion the adoption of new software development tools.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness of current software development tools. Make recommendations to improve use and end user efficiency.
- Develop and support the processes that result in productivity increases for Minitab software development teams.
- Analyze the impact of implementing upgrades to software development environments including coordinating and/or performing in-depth tests and end user reviews.
- Develop and participate in the processes involved in rolling out software upgrades to end users.
- Manage user access to software development tools and environments.
- Document and educate end users and new employees on newly implemented systems and tools.
- Liaise with appropriate Operations and Development personnel in the procurement, implementation, support, and maintenance of software development tools.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of progressive commercial devops engineering experience.
- A track record of successfully completing software related tasks on schedule.
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of common software applications, Microsoft and Linux Windows operating systems.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise level computer support tools and applications.
- Strong working knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of various network architectures: LAN, WAN, Intranet, Internet, etc.
The following are also required:
- Working knowledge of PowerShell, Python, or similar advanced scripting langages
- Working knowledge of MySQL, docker, kubernetes, key vault, and other cloud infrastructure managed services
- Experience with cloud development using Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience with source control administration, continuous integration/build systems, project tracking software, the Visual Studio development environment, and other commercial software development collaboration packages.
- Experience in both the Information Technology and Software Development disciplines.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Minitab requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 according to applicable law.