Minitab is looking for a Frontend Web Developer to be part of our Global Marketing team.
In this role, you will collaborate with internal web content stakeholders to ensure high-quality content is delivered to Minitab’s public-facing website. This position focuses on our Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) technology stack, managing the technical AEM configurations, and ensuring adherence to AEM best practices. As such, this is a highly technical role. You will be a key contributor to all phases of the development lifecycle from concept through implementation and support.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has strong communication and collaboration skills, and is driven to solving problems and taking on new challenges. Skills and experience working in Adobe Experience Manager are required.
To support and apply Minitab’s Vision Statement.
Develop, configure, integrate, and maintain complex global websites using web development skills and techniques which requires extensive research and analysis. Act as a technical resource with strong domain knowledge of our websites and technologies used by Minitab. Actively work to increase your engineering skill sets and domain knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a key role and provide technical expertise or domain knowledge in the development of high-quality websites and multi-site interoperability.
- Work independently and develop the ability to support technical leadership in the design, development and testing of new and existing websites.
- Provide technical leadership within a project team.
- Identify and fix complex bugs with limited supervision.
- Work with project managers to develop estimates and create backlog for development tasks.
- Actively participate in discussions about department coding standards and best practices. Help research new technologies, as needed, that drive innovation.
- Understand Minitab’s business rules, strategies, and goals and ensure alignment of our websites in support of Minitab’s Global Business Objectives.
- Develop the ability to be a key resource for complex areas of Minitab’s global websites and handle the coordination of simultaneous development tasks. The projects will be of moderate complexity and will involve one or more developers. Interface with other departments and customers as appropriate.
- Develop, implement, and maintain websites using Adobe Experience Manager CMS to include site architecture, custom components, workflow development, and Digital Asset Management.
- Help document Adobe Experience Manager based application development procedures.
- Help maintain content, content translations, and participate in content publishing.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of automated testing frameworks.
- Assist in reviewing code through pull requests of other team members where appropriate.
- Continue to expand your level of domain knowledge and development skills in one or more key technical areas and function as a resource for others in the department working in those areas.
- Assist in configuring third-party web platforms (CMS, Event Management and Ecommerce) using Minitab’s web design standards so they can seamlessly masquerade and function as part of Minitab’s global web presence.
- Participate in an iterative design and implementation lifecycle with Minitab’s Marketing department and third-party vendors as needed.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or a closely related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in time management regarding project completion and the ability to work on multiple projects.
The following are also desirable:
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
- Experience with building complex layouts with CSS and HTML that follow user experience design best practices.
- Software development experience using Java/JEE.
- Experience in JSP, Java EE, Junit, OSGi, Servlets, JSTL Tag Library and Annotations.
- Working knowledge of Analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with Tag Management Systems such as Adobe Tag Manager or Google Tag Manager.
- Familiarity with Website Personalization Platforms such as Adobe Target.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with responsive design patterns using framework libraries such as Bootstrap, with an emphasis on mobile performance and optimization strategies.
- Familiarity with website localization patterns and techniques.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and how to resolve the same.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Ability to develop reusable components and to build and extend design systems.
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol (status codes, http verbs)
- Comfortable using developer tools, IDEs, debugging, and third-party tools such as Google’s Lighthouse to optimize web and code performance.
- Knowledge of good practice around usability, maintainability, and accessibility.
- Experience with source control systems such as Team Foundation Server/Git.
- Awareness of back-end development languages such as Java, .NET/C#.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well in a team of skilled software professionals with the ability to build consensus for new practices and technologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to discern the relevancies, applicability, and usefulness of those technologies to Minitab.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and solve moderate to complex technical problems.
- Ability and desire to lead small projects and to help mentor other front-end web developers.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Minitab requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 according to applicable law.