The Customer Success Manager (CSM), under general supervision from the Manager of Customer Success, will work closely with our customers to help them discover their business needs and partner with them on the best way to maximize the value they receive from Minitab. The CSM will proactively build relationships, identify, and mitigate account risks, and expand product adoption.
The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for execution of the Customer Engagement Lifecyle (CEL) post sale within their assigned customer base. These duties range from utilizing Customer Health tracking models, execution of Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), Customer Success Playbooks, and other day to day activities as needed to support our customers.
Customer Success Management:
- Be a dedicated partner for our customers while discovering their business needs and challenges to help them better adopt the portfolio of Minitab solutions.
- Execute on Customer Engagement Lifecycle (CEL) by driving programs and initiative to improve engagement approaches based on customer segmentation and leading a culture of continuous improvement.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews to determine critical goals and establish opportunities to increase adoption.
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate quantifiable value (ROI) for assigned customers.
- Prepare strategies with customers based on objectives and key results that will help drive continued growth.
- Identify potential account risks for downgrade or termination and create path to help save the account including appropriate cross functional partnerships and/or escalations.
- Work with sales and marketing in identifying potential case studies, customer testimonials, references, etc.
- Partner closely with other cross-functional team members (e.g., sales, services, support) to advocate for customer needs and to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes.
Opportunity Identification and Account Management:
- Support enterprise sales team in proactive discovery and assessment of new sales opportunities through the successful execution of CEL.
- Identify potential customer up-sell and cross-sell opportunities and partner with sales to help close new business.
- Position Minitab to win new business within the account by developing, communicating, and supporting effective strategies that are based on well-defined customer-specific value propositions.
- Routinely discuss and communicate account strategy and appropriate action items with other members of the virtual account team.
- Continuously gather knowledge of how to effectively position Minitab solutions.
- Leverage and effectively communicate Minitab’s solutions within the accounts to broaden Minitab’s footprint and create new opportunities by challenging the customer with tailoring for resonance and teaching for differentiation.
- Coordinate cross-functional processes that help deliver on customers’ needs such as:
- Relay customer feedback to the Product team.
- Align with the Support team on resolution of major cases and report bugs to the Engineering team.
- Partner in Enablement Process in conjunction with Software Engineering teams to incorporate roadmaps, enhancements, and new products in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with other Services departments to provide feedback on Customer status regarding Customer Health, Reference-ability, and other Customer Success information.
- Perform task beyond the scope listed within this job description that are required to meet corporate and department objectives.
- Participate in projects initiated by the Manager of Customer Success to improve the department.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years in a customer success, account management, implementation, or support role of an enterprise SaaS product.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Customer-centric mentality with a focus on helping bring organizational change and process improvement through our solutions.
- A focus on outcomes and able to drive team goals to align with company goals.
- Capable of providing support services to enterprise-level customers.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, & cross-group collaboration skills.
- Proven proficiency in customer retention, presentation skills, and ability to work independently.
- Experience working with senior and executive level customer contacts.
- Demonstrated experience working with high touch customers.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the ability to understand the technical aspects of software and its functions.
- Strive for constant progress and provide a continual evaluation of processes and procedures.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to use conventional and unconventional methods for problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and effectively use time and resources to accomplish support group operations.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Flexibility to changes in schedule, responsibilities or role based on customer requirements.
- Work comfortably and respectfully across diverse cultures and customs.
This position can be remote must be willing to travel to State College and other US based Minitab locations as needed as well as customer sites.
Minitab is a Federal contractor and is following all applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements.