Position Description: The Account Manager (AM) participates in a virtual account team-selling environment, providing the Customer with the primary point of contact within Minitab. In this capacity, the AM will assume the ownership role for their assigned customer accounts in their territory within the SMB market segment (under 100M USD) while driving the renewal and any related upsell, cross-sell and/or service opportunities. In addition, the AM will facilitate and maintain successful relationships with customers, which will be measured by their reference ability, Net Promoter Score, customer satisfaction levels and increased annual recurring revenue levels.
A. Account Management
- Implement and execute effective renewal sales strategies to ensure maximum renewal rates and penetration (wallet share) of assigned customer accounts through upsell.
- Within each account, seek to expand and strengthen Minitab’s presence by establishing proactive relationships with the actual end users beyond the license coordinators and procurement.
B. Opportunity Management
- Understand all available licensing options and the annual license renewal process
- Proactively engage with existing customers to ensure timely renewals while identifying upsell and service opportunities to increase annual renewal revenue.
- Perform basic product tours using scripted presentations to introduce new products and services to our existing customers.
- Maintain an accurate and timely pipeline of all renewal and new business opportunities (upsell & services) within the CRM system with full adherence to the CRM opportunity guidelines.
- Provide Minitab sales management with accurate and timely sales forecasts within the CRM system to ensure proper visibility for effective resource planning and expense management within Minitab.
- Continuously gather, document and share competitive intelligence on how to more effectively position Minitab solutions against them.
- Leverage and effectively communicate Minitab’s full solution portfolio and services to broaden Minitab’s presence and create new opportunities.
C. Territory Management
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all customer accounts, including opportunities, contacts and history within CRM.
- Support (through direct and active participation) all Minitab promotions and events.
- Develop annual business plans for your territory including timely and accurate quarterly business review reporting.
D. Personal Development
- Fully engage and absorb all Minitab provided sales enablement content with the approach that you will never know everything you need to know.
- Develop an Individual Business Plan that will include your business and personal goals and objectives for growth within Minitab and your overall career. Discuss, confirm and review on a regular basis with your manager.
- Continue to build and grow personal knowledge foundation as detailed below for success within Minitab’s market.
E. Administrative Management
- Fully comply with all published Minitab personnel, security, sales, and contract policies.
- Ensure all information within CRM is updated accurately and timely in full compliance with Minitab’s CEL, pipeline and forecasting guidelines.
- Accurately complete in a timely manner expense reports in compliance with Minitab’s documented travel and expense policy.
- Maintain appropriate levels of involvement in customer issues requiring resolution, including invoices, billings and accounts receivables.
- Planning and Time Management
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Sense of Urgency
- Knowledge Driven
- Goal & Results Oriented
- Highly Competitive
- Strong Work Ethic & Discipline
Experience: Previous inside sales experience, customer success roles, or business development roles within the information technology market. Consistent achievement of 100%+ on assigned quotas or MBO’s. Business Intelligence and or Statistical Analytics experience is a plus.