We are looking for a Competitive Intelligence and Market Research Specialist to play a crucial role in building and supporting our market intelligence. As a critical member of the Marketing team, you will provide the sales and R&D organizations with a deep technical and strategic understanding of the competitive landscape, and build strategic programs to monitor, position effectively, and win deals against competing products and services. You will support competitive enablement, effective sales tools, internal/external competitive research, technical breakdowns, win/loss analysis, and real-time, in-the-field deal support.
This role requires a researcher mentality and a storytelling skillset, with an ability to turn data into insights. The right candidate will have sales technology domain expertise, strong communication and project management skills, and experience in creating compelling messaging to educate stakeholders on competitive offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor for new, emerging, and evolving competitors across same and adjacent market segments, execute technical research on competitors and deliver actionable insights and the latest updates to the product, sales, and customer success teams
- Track and analyze competitive announcements and new product releases
- Collaborate with solutions architects, sales, and customer success to identify, gather and disseminate competitive technical information through all stages in the sales process
- Develop comprehensive messaging frameworks, “battle cards,” competitive playbooks, and other assets that successfully arm sales and customer success teams with detailed competitive intelligence and resources
- Build and deliver clear, compelling, fact-based enablement materials highlighting Minitab’s product and technology differentiation
- Train sales and field teams on successful competitive strategies: from first customer meeting, through technology evaluation and pricing strategy
- Support high-profile sales opportunities by partnering with account teams and participating in customer meetings
- Develop effective competitive messages for global sales and marketing campaigns
- Build and refine a right-sized competitive intelligence response process for rapidly evaluating existing competitors and emerging threats and establish compete-specific training curriculums supporting all customer-facing teams
- Provide insights to product development on relevant technology advancements made by competitors
- Build relationships across teams, particularly with solutions architects, sales, marketing, and product, to evangelize the competitive intelligence function
- Be comfortable presenting as an Subject Matter Expert in front of both internal and external audiences and at the executive level
Experience You'll Need
- 1-3 years of experience with competitive intelligence programs, ideally in a B2B SaaS space
- Strong business acumen to analyze competitive strategies and propose effective countermeasures
- World-class ability to ‘deep dive’ into technical investigations and quickly synthesize key points for different audiences and information consumers
- Ability to work across the entire company, from executive staff to individual contributors in sales, engineering, marketing, and more
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, and visual
- Skilled in taking key insights about competitors’ products, strategy, and messaging and translating them into key takeaways, compelling narratives, and high-impact sales resources
- Team player and strong cross-functional collaborator and influencer who knows how to drive success working with product, engineering, sales, partners, and post-sales teams
- Experience in the market and technology landscape in which Outreach competes
- Ability to gather and analyze technical features and identify and capture competitive risk and opportunity through various research methods and resources
- Experienced in establishing, optimizing, and maintaining customized third-party competitive intelligence services for monitoring competitors and developing competitive response content
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis; comfortable interfacing with C-level and senior members of the solution engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, and product teams
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a business or engineering related field, course work in statistics/computer science a plus.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a high growth SaaS company.
- Experience in market research including survey work, internet research, persona building, on the ground research at industry and competitive conferences
- Interpret data, create insights and translate it into action plans
- Prioritize and achieve in an environment that requires fresh thinking and new ideas
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and creative writing communication skills, including the ability to explain Minitab software and services to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly organized, accurate, thorough, and able to assume diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to complete projects on time with minimal supervision.
- Project management experience including scheduling, planning, and managing projects to completion is a plus.
- Results-driven, self-motivated, and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Sharp analytical skills and ability to interpret data and pursue actionable outcome.
- Travel on an as needed basis both domestically and internationally, must be a current and valid passport holder.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Receive direct supervision from the Manager, Competitive Intelligence and Market Research and/or Chief Marketing and Strategic Planning Officer regarding work activities.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified.
Minitab is a Federal contractor and is following all applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements.