Create compelling copy for marketing communications, campaigns, and experiences that positively influences potential leads, builds long term relationships with our current customer base, and establishes Minitab as an industry thought leader across the globe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the content team’s thematic approach to global content. Write concise, engaging content that expresses the brand voice and personality. Find the right language to captivate, capture, and cater to various customer audiences across many different mediums for technical products in a B2B environment.
Create copy and manage content:
- Work with global marketing manager, product managers, and other subject matter experts to develop original global content that supports marketing campaigns for lead generation, lead nurturing and brand awareness that contribute to sales growth.
- Prepare compelling messaging and content for promotions across various channels that supports strategies and brand awareness.
- Mine content from trainers, consultants, etc. to leverage their knowledge in-market.
- Write, edit, and proofread communications copy for accuracy and to ensure consistency of brand messaging, positioning, and value proposition.
- Support standards, processes, and best practices for content updates, creation, distribution, and repurposing.
- Develop content for campaigns based on the customer buying journey (i.e., content that will progress prospect from awareness to selection and purchase).
- Support adherence to brand guidelines for Minitab (corporate) and its products
Enhance, refine, and drive a consistent, compelling voice across channels:
- Foster ideas and creative thinking into content that can be implemented quickly independently or collaboratively.
- Assist in optimizing global content for regional use (localization) across all sales stages, in all channels (tradeshow/events, email marketing, social media, advertising, sales enablement tools, etc.).
- Build and manage a resource library of content and messaging standards to facilitate reusing content to match customer/regional needs.
- Evaluate finalized copy for compliance with policies, style, and tone.
- Write, edit, and proofread press releases and social media posts.
Measure and Learn:
- Keep internal portal tools updated with current digital versions of content published.
- Seek and integrate customer feedback and test results to optimize content and language.
- Assist in tracking content usage to use in planning and future tactics.
- Support evolution of content themes to continue to engage target audiences.
- Market monitoring of content solutions.
- Participate in campaign and brand story ideation.
- Develop and post content on the intranet and public website pages, including services, news, events, articles, and speaking engagements, as needed.
- Develop press releases as needed.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- At least 3 years of previous content development work experience in a B2B environment. Experience in technical product and/or software copy and content development experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of best practices for social media, PR, and email programs.
- Working knowledge of site traffic analysis tools such as Webtrends, Google Analytics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe platforms (Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, etc.) and essential communications tools (Sprout Social, WordPress, etc.).
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems (i.e. Dynamics 365, Sales Force, etc.).
- Project management experience including scheduling, planning, and managing projects to completion is a plus.
- Experience with writing long form content such as case studies preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent creative writing and editing abilities.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to create and maintain project lists and timetables for a large team with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, willingness to think outside the box, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Highly organized, accurate, thorough, and able to assume diverse responsibilities in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of traditional and social media landscapes.
- Demonstrated ability to interface cross-functionally.
- Ability and willingness to travel as requested.
- Comfortable working in a multi-lingual and multi-cultural environment is a must.
- Working knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese language skills is a plus.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language is required.
Minitab is a Federal contractor and is following all applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements.