The Regional Manager, Customer Success is a manager role for the Global Customer Success Team that has direct reporting responsibility for the EMEIA Customer Success Team. Under direct management from the Sr. Director, Senior Director, Field Operations - EMEIA and general organizational guidance from the Sr. Director Global Customer Success, he/she directly executes the Customer Success Function. They will be responsible for alignment and execution of the Customer Engagement Lifecyle (CEL) post sale. These duties range from delivery of service offerings and contributing to and executing plans leading to the generation of software license/subscription, maintenance, services and training bookings In addition, he/she will manage the Analytics and Technical Engineer Teams responsible for Technical Support and Consulting to successfully execute on the vision.
- Define and optimize Customer Engagement Lifecycle (CEL) by driving programs and initiative to improve engagement approaches based on customer segmentation and leading a culture of continuous improvement.
- In collaboration with Global Director, Customer Success, ensure successful execution of strategies throughout region, whilst ensuring adherence to global and regional methodologies and best practices.
- Partner with Sr Director, Global Customer Success and Manager, Customer Success Americas to set the overall vision and strategic plan for the Customer Success Management Function, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through gross renewals and net retention improvements.
- Oversee Customer Success
- Adopt company-wide customer success motion integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder organizations (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering, etc.).
- Provide monthly analysis of product adoption, NPS scores, etc.
- Work with Customer Success Operations Manager to determine a process for giving the executive team ongoing access to performance metrics, noting key gaps and successes.
- Ensure that Customer Success Managers understand our customers' objectives and are delivering on them.
- Partner with Customer Success Operations Manager to develop company-wide customer success motion integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder organizations (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering, etc.).
- Execute Customer Success onboarding and training for Customer Success Managers in partnership with the Manager, Customer Success - Americans
- Manage the Customer Success Teams in partnership with their respective Managers to complete onboarding/project tasks relating to deployment of Minitab Products
- Ensure deployment of Minitab products:
- Are completed according to our process
- Documented appropriately
- Completed in a timely manner and on budget as part of our CEL
- Work with Sales and Customers to scope consulting services, set pricing, draft Statements of Work and negotiate deals to close.
- Coordination and scheduling of personnel resources to deploy services and educational offerings.
- Partner with Sr Director to define and deploy effective project management/billing, utilization, and skills profile reporting.
- Partner with Sr Director and Manager, Global Services to define and develop Service offerings.
- Serve as an auxiliary member of the training team, delivering training sessions if the primary training staff is unavailable to do so.
- Manage customer escalations from your direct reports and follow a methodical escalation process to executive management.
- Provide management to the Technical Engineers and Analytic Engineers.
- Improve the effectiveness of Technical Support department by removing roadblocks while looking for opportunities to improve departmental processes.
- Mentor and train new Engineer Team members.
- Ensure an environment amongst the Customer Success Team that encourages collaboration, information sharing, team-based resolutions, and a focus on resolving customer issues as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Delegate team member participation in cross-functional and process team meetings; where applicable.
- With guidance from Sr Director, Global Customer Success define and monitor metrics that measure departmental effectiveness.
- Liaison with marketing to coordinate marketing activities focused on Services within the Customer Engagement Lifecycle.
- Coordinate cross-functional processes that help meet customers’ needs such as:
- Relay customer feedback to the Product team.
- Partner with Sales on Customer information pertinent to selling services, renewal risk, or other concerns
- Maintain Enablement Process in conjunction with Software Engineering teams to communicate road-maps, enhancements, and new products in a timely fashion.
- Partner with Sr Director to develop and document career pathing which support Minitab strategic educational and services goals including but not limited to performance reviews, coaching and mentoring employees.
- Act as designated EMEIA representative for Minitab Services business in conjunction with Sales.
Perform task beyond the scope listed within this job description that are required to meet corporate and department objectives.
Participate in projects initiated by the Senior Director, Global Customer Success to improve Department.
Provide management for the Customer Success teams in these areas, with guidance from the Senior Director, Global Customer Success.
- Lead with a “People First” mentality
- Manage team members to “Lead from Any Seat”
- Drive operational practices to track performance of teams and individuals.
- Ensure that department work schedules provide proper staffing and resource allocation.
- Meet regularly with staff to mentor and assess performance. Work with upper management to initiate Corrective Action Policy procedure, if necessary.
- Initiate hiring and termination discussions with HR when necessary.
- Approve time off requests and monthly timesheets.
- Provide input for new hire budget requirements.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years in a customer success role, implementation or Support of an enterprise SaaS product
- 2 years in a leadership role that included managing and mentoring a team
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university (MBA a plus)
- Leadership skills and the ability to provide daily coaching and feedback on operational performance metrics
- Experience with most of the following areas: Capacity/workforce planning, disciplinary/corrective actions, change management, employee career development, training and development, and performance feedback and coaching
- A proven track record of aligning staff, processes, and systems to drive customer loyalty
- A focus on outcomes and able to drive team goals to align with company goals
- Capable of providing support services to enterprise-level companies
- Strive for constant progress and provide a continual evaluation of processes and procedures
- Experience and desire to lead a technical services staff.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A real caring for others and you’re passionate about setting your team up for success, supporting employee relations issues, and making sure they have the resources they need to do their best work
- Ability to motivate and lead people in a team environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
- Expert mentoring skills.
- Ability to schedule and lead conference calls while having the correct resources involved to meet the customer’s needs.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Expert experience gathering requirements and writing Professional Services SOW’s.
- Expert experience supporting enterprise applications.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the ability to understand the technical aspects of software and its functions.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to use conventional and unconventional methods for problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and effectively use time and resources to accomplish support group operations.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Flexibility to changes in schedule, responsibilities or role based on customer requirements.
- Must be willing to travel frequently to State College and other global Minitab locations as needed as well as global customer sites
- Work comfortably and respectfully across diverse cultures and customs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and transport objects weighing 20 pounds.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
This job can be remote but regular presence in Coventry required.