Minitab is looking for a high performing Senior Quality Engineer to be part of our Business Information Systems team. Our team members work with business leaders to develop solutions and deliver key results for the team and the entire organization.
In this role, you will design, implement and execute test plans, both manually and automated, across a wide range of sites and services, both on-prem and in the cloud to ensure the quality of our business information systems. Demonstrated programming abilities as well as familiarity with Microsoft Azure Web, API and Integration services are highly desirable for this role. You will be a key contributor during the development lifecycle from concept through implementation and support.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has strong communication and collaboration skills, and is driven to solving problems and taking on new challenges.
Perform advanced testing tasks, requiring planning, scheduling, and testing to assure that Minitab’s business information systems, supporting components, services, and integrations between distributed systems meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and maintain technical expertise in testing tools, techniques, and processes.
Develop and execute test plans for new or enhanced features in business information systems, supporting components, and integrations between distributed systems including white and black box test strategies.
Develop, verify, and maintain software testing tools and output, including automated test frameworks, scripts, and utilities.
Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge in all areas of business information systems, supporting components and integrations between distributed systems.
Participate in business information systems projects including design reviews, test strategy design and execution, documentation reviews, code reviews, and unit testing.
Research and recommend improved testing tools, techniques, and processes.
Advocate for testable frameworks.
Assist less experienced analysts with problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
Assist developers on small development tasks, if applicable.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in automated testing, development, research, or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated testing experience and familiarity with testing frameworks.
- A track record of successfully completing tasks on schedule.
The following are also desirable:
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests and familiarity with testing frameworks such as NUnit.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with testing distributed systems.
- Experience with application lifecycle managements systems such as Azure DevOps or GitHub with Git as an underlying version control system.
- Experience working within and using agile development practices.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as Microsoft Dynamics.
- Working knowledge of Minitab Software.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Above average computing skills, including a general knowledge of operating systems and application packages.
- Ability to work well in a team of skilled software professionals with the ability to build consensus for new practices and technologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to discern the relevancies, applicability, and usefulness of those technologies to Minitab.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and solve moderate to complex technical problems.
- Ability and desire to lead small teams and projects, and to mentor other quality engineers.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
Minitab requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 according to applicable law.