Manage software development projects from proposal through delivery. These projects will typically require some degree of cross-company coordination and regular collaboration with Operations and Technical Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Exercise authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing development projects.
- Coordinate with teams to ensure the right teams are working on the right components at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
- Escalate issues related to project where appropriate.
- Provide overall project leadership and direct project teams in the on-time delivery of high-quality products.
- Communicate project status to all stakeholders, ensuring common understanding and agreement of project deliverables and status.
Facilitate Team Development:
- Keep project teams focused by continually removing roadblocks that impede the team’s success.
- Support the team to self-organize in a productive way.
- Identify when to escalate a team conflict and communication problems, working with appropriate department managers, as needed.
- Ensure team alignment with Minitab’s guiding principles.
Maintain alignment of projects with company objectives within an environment of independent decision making.
- Assist with budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the project.
- Manage requirements and scope throughout the life of the project(s), keeping in mind the other ongoing goals of Minitab.
- Recognize the need for and benefit of project metrics and use them when appropriate.
Assist with identifying process improvements within product development and work with other members of the product team to implement the improvements.
- Follow and enforce the defined project and process management methodologies.
- Learn and maintain familiarity with company-wide systems, tools, and processes.
- Perform product development design, coding and testing tasks as needed to support project delivery.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering or related technical field.
- 1-3 years of project management or related experience for software development projects required.
- Software design, development and/or testing experience required
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle, SDLC.
- Knowledge of project management methodology, including traditional project management as well as agile methodologies (Scrum).
- Knowledge of project management tools in these areas: estimating, scope management, budget management, time management, risk management, change management, issue resolution, communication management, quality management, testing plans, training plans, team management.
- Demonstrated ability to become proficient with new applications and understand emerging technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a firm commitment to quality.
- Ability to accommodate change and adapt accordingly.
- Ability to function as a self-directed, independent problem solver with a consistent ability to follow through on commitments.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects with accuracy, within deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer-service focus and relationship management skills; must be adept at active listening.
- Strong facilitation, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively on a team, as a contributing team member and lead.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
This is not a remote position.