Fill a key role in designing new predictive analytics and machine learning capabilities and applications for Minitab products. With a passion for machine learning and innovation and a strong knowledge of the competitive landscape lead the user interface development and design for desktop, web, and mobile products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the user interface development and design of Minitab software products. This may include desktop, web, and mobile software products.
- Lead others in the Research and Design department to produce innovative designs across all Minitab products.
- Work closely with stakeholders to refine products and participate in gathering requirements from prospects, evaluators and customers and incorporate them into product designs.
- Perform complex design activities including the generation of mockups and/or prototypes. Solve user interface design problems with little or no supervision.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, operating systems and user interface/user experience paradigms. Maintain an awareness of industry trends that will facilitate the design of forward-thinking user interfaces.
- Coordinate efforts to assess current technologies and monitor industry innovations. Document research and/or disseminate findings to team members.
Gather and analyze data to inform decision-making.
- Participate in an iterative design process with input from internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess and determine insights into how Minitab’s customers use our products by observing and interacting with customers while they use our products.
- Work closely with usability experts to acquire customer feedback via usability tests. Use usability test results to inform/refine designs.
- Communicate customer usage patterns, requests, and other relevant usability related information to other designers.
- Travel to customer sites for the purpose of gathering relevant usability related information to aid in design creation.
Facilitate Team Development.
- Coach and support team members.
- Participate in a culture of continuous improvement and demonstrate the best practices as defined within the Research and Design department.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s or higher preferred) in Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Data Science, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- High working knowledge of C++, C#, Swift, and/or Python.
- Experience using predictive analytics and machine-learning in real-world applications.
- Experience building scalable and performant applications.
The following are also desirable:
- Experience in software development, design, or product management.
- Experience using Design Patterns.
- Familiarity with cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
- Experience with source control systems such as Team Foundation Server or Git.
- Experience using an agile development process.
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests and familiarity with testing frameworks such as NUnit, Google C++ test framework, Jest.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possess a passion for predictive analytics and innovation and a strong knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- The ability to understand and solve the practical problems of our customers is required.
- The ability to understand the concept of “look and feel” of software in general and statistical software products in particular is necessary.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to solve complex problems and to lead and work in teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Ability to meet demanding timelines.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.