Minitab is looking for a high performing Application Engineer to be part of our Business Information Systems team. Our team members work with business leaders to develop solutions and deliver key results for the team and entire organization.
In this role, you will apply technical design, configuration, and coding skills across a wide range of sites and services, both on-prem and in the cloud. Demonstrated .net programming abilities as well as experience with Microsoft Azure Web, API and Integration services are highly desirable for this role. You will be a key contributor to all phases of the development lifecycle from concept through implementation and support.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has strong communication and collaboration skills, and is driven to solving problems and taking on new challenges. Skills and experience integrating with an enterprise CRM environment, preferably Microsoft Dynamics CRM, are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop enterprise-wide systems and ensure multi-site interoperability.
Assist in integrating enterprise web and database applications with other applications and systems.
Collaborate with developers across multiple projects to aid in designing systems and in making application decisions to keep all enterprise systems aligned with the strategic needs of the business.
Understand Minitab’s business operations, business rules, strategies, and goals in the context of Minitab’s corporate strategy and global operations requirements. Maintain full working knowledge of the enterprise systems and integrated applications.
Assist in developing department coding standards, best practices and researching new technologies.
Document applications file structures, design, and operation. Document programming conventions and procedures to promote consistency among various applications.
Serve as backup to other application engineers. Participate on project teams as assigned.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) to five (5) years related job experience in software or enterprise development required.
- Demonstrated programming ability in C# .Net.
- Proven strong time management skills in working with multiple projects.
- Knowledge of general business operations, and a working knowledge of information systems techniques and technology.
The following are also desirable:
- Experience with enterprise systems for customer relationship management and enterprise resource planning such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Great Plains.
- Experience with development tools and source control systems such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Azure Dev Ops, and Git.
- Experience using an Agile development process.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well in a team of skilled software professionals with the ability to build consensus for new practices and technologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to discern the relevancies, applicability, and usefulness of those technologies to Minitab.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and solve moderate technical problems.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.