The primary focus of a Technical Solution Architect (TSA) is to become a domain expert in Minitab’s cloud based products, solutions, and markets (both industry and functional areas), enabling him/her to effectively discover, develop, position and differentiate Minitab’s unique value proposition to both prospects and customers. The SA role is focused on supporting the regional sales team on opportunities that include the cloud delivery of Minitab’s products as a member of the Virtual Account Team by contributing to and executing on both account and opportunity plans leading to the generation of software license/subscription, maintenance, services and training bookings. Provide sales support to the Sales Teams through the delivery of in-depth discovery, customer presentations & demonstrations, primarily face to face or through web conferencing. Considerable travel is required for this role (50-75%).
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred. Preferably in computer science or related technical discipline with a significant mathematics emphasis
- Significant experience with relational databases in conjunction with an ETL or similar integration platform for use with analytical, statistical, and/or data mining platforms required. Experience with both data preparation and visualization/dashboarding platforms is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of API integration and SQL required. API development preferred.
- 5+ years of enterprise software pre-sales engineering support experience in information technology market required or 10+ years of direct relevant industry experience within a global Fortune 5000 company.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise presenting technology solutions to senior business and IT decision makers by reinforcing the value of the solution to the business’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through to drive software license, maintenance and services revenue.
- SaaS and Cloud technologies
- Enterprise Data Warehousing Technologies, Strategies, and Products
- Data Integration Strategies, Methods, Products, and Services
- Data Preparation Methods, Products, and Capabilities
- BI (Business Intelligence), Data Visualization, and Dashboarding
- REST API Design, Development, and Implementation
- SQL, PHP and/or Python languages
- Network and Software Security Best Practices