Mindvalley is one of the leading and most promising ed-tech companies on the planet. We have dominated the US market for Personal Growth Education and created a brand that is now powering athletes in every major US sports team and learning in major companies.
But we're more than that. We're currently working on the most advanced learning system on the planet - a version of Ironman's Jarvis that utilizes AI and augmented reality to provide customized learning to turn anyone into a superhero.
We make people better humans in every aspect of life and we are seeking the best engineers on the planet to come together to build the most advanced education platform our species has seen. If we achieve our goal we will be powering 100 countries, every company in the Fortune 500 and moving humanity towards a better future for the human race.
About The Role
In Mindvalley, we are creating a global school that delivers transformational education and design learning experiences for over three million students worldwide.
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will play an active part in bringing Mindvalley to the next level, understanding the educational experience through data and ensuring personalized learning experience for our customers/students.
This job is for you if you are a data engineer with at least 7 years experience, you are a natural team player, leader, a thinker, and have an open mind for constructive but supportive feedback. You will be leading smart data engineers who are passionate about the data field.
- Leading the Data Engineers to build, maintain and operate the data infrastructure.
- Manage stakeholders requests and work prioritisation.
- Communicate results and impact to business stakeholders.
- Working with different teams in the company to build out necessary data warehousing infrastructure.
- Align the team efforts with the overall company OKRs.
- Design how things will work with data.
- Working on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data.
- Build and maintain robust, fault-tolerant ETL pipelines.
- Visualizing and making sense of data analysis.
- Managing and maintaining the data orchestration tools.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy within our various data pipelines
- Build and maintain the required pipelines to run the ML workload (MLOps)
- Ability to lead a team
- Ready to handle stakeholders needs and requests
- Experience with data types, nature, and different ways of data processing
- Experience with RDBMS, SQL and noSQL databases
- Experience with cloud platforms (GCP) and container technology (Docker)
- Experience in development and implementation of ready-to-use CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines using Google GCP services
- Experience with monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines using Apache Airflow and GCP Composer
- Experience with data cleaning and transformation using Pandas, Apache Beam and Google GCP DataFlow in Python
- Experience with Data Warehousing solutions preferably Google BigQuery
- Experience with message buses or real-time event processing platforms like Google Pub/Sub
- Experience with various visualization tools like Google Data Studio, Tableau, or any other similar tool
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Solid Experience with Python
- Experience with entity-relationship modeling and understanding of normalization
- You are excellent in communication, teamwork and also independent contributions
- You have a strong attention to detail and flexibility of adapting to fast changes
- You work well under pressure developing key features for high volume business critical systems
- Experience with machine learning is a plus