The Revenue Accounting Lead at MindTickle is responsible for overseeing GAAP revenue as well as the Accounts Receivable, Billing, Collections & Commission calculation. This role leads all aspects of global revenue accounting, operations and reporting, including establishing scalable revenue processes, global policies, procedures, and key metrics, as well as technical analyses.
This is a team lead role. The individual will be responsible to hiring the team and setting up the function. This role will report into global financial controller.
- Own revenue recognition process for revenue streams, ensuring revenue, accounts receivables, and commissions are correctly recognized.
- Own the monthly revenue reporting package process, including variance analyses and quarterly close decks presented to the VP Finance & CEO
- Lead and execute month end close activities including analyses, reconciliations, and presentation of revenue reporting
- Partner closely with the cross functional leadership including sales, legal, and deal desk to ensure strategic alignment
- Set-up processes to inform sales team of upcoming renewals and overages
- Deeply understand our sales compensation strategy in order to assist in developing and administering sales crediting and compensation plans
- Research and resolve crediting and commission questions, including calculating and processing adjustments in the commission system
- Own and iterate on order to cash system and process improvement road-map to maintain industry best in class processes and efficiencies
- Coordinate and manage external and internal audits
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop action plans and follow through to completion
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Experience in applying software revenue accounting guidance (ASC 606)
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and revenue recognition principles with strong problem-solving skills to deal with complex transactions
- Understanding of SaaS metrics and Sales commission calculations
- Ability to understand Client Contracts, draft minor Contract Changes, identify risk areas and propose mitigation mechanism.