Product Marketing is a critical function at MindTickle, a well-funded, fast-growing startup in Silicon Valley. After raising over $40M from Accel Partners, NEA and Canaan Partners we are expanding our team to continue our leadership in the hot sales enablement and sales technology market.
This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product expert and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Experience in B2B Software/SaaS product marketing is critical
- Tech enthusiast who is up-to-date on the latest trends and loves to tinker with new technology products
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups
- Solid writer with a portfolio of short and long content pieces
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Used to interacting with remote teams across different timezones
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.