The Contracts Manager serves as a key member of a MindTickle ops team, supporting sales, marketing & engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory requirements relating to software contracts, licensing, privacy and security, and will have experience partnering with sales and channel teams to close deals. This position requires a business savvy team player who can partner with and counsel internal clients with minimal supervision in a fast-moving environment.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates outbound on premise and SaaS licensing contracts and ancillary agreements, including professional services agreements
- Analyzes risks and strategic opportunities from a legal perspective with a view toward creating long term solutions
- Improves/develop standard form agreements and legal processes, as necessary
- Exercise good judgment in making legal and business decisions while providing contract interpretations and guidance to internal business teams to ensure compliance with contractual requirements
- Ensure timely review of contract modifications and communication of changes and notices to the business team
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Sales, Legal, Finance, and Operations) in order to resolve legal and business challenges
- Ensure that all required approvals are obtained prior to submittal of contracts for execution
- In addition, to above, the Contracts manager would act as primary liaison for managing various external counsel relationships (labor, trademarks, IPR etc) and support ops team with corporate legal issues.
- 5 + years of professional experience; in-house experience is a plus Practical experience in SaaS licensing negotiations with a solid knowledge of commercial and contract law and revenue recognition principles
- Comfort with handling topics such as privacy and data protection in the commercial contract context
- A passion for closing deals
- Ability to work on your own and prioritize multiple, often competing deliverables while managing expectations meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types and time zones