MindTickle is the world’s leading sales enablement and readiness platform. We give organizations the power to ramp new reps faster, coach them effectively, keep sales organizations up-to-date, and create a culture of sales excellence. MindTickle has a world-class Product organization that is moving at the speed of light. Our many awards include the 2017 Stevie Award for Best New Sales Product.
MindTickle customers include some of the world’s leading companies like AppDynamics, Cloudera, HPE, Symantec, and Nutanix. MindTickle is a global, privately-held company with offices in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, and Pune. Our investors include NEA, Accel Partners, and Canaan Partners.
We are in a hyper-growth phase of our journey and are looking for an experienced customer success leader to help guide the team. We are looking for bright, curious, customer-focused consultants who are motivated by helping customers achieve success. This position provides the opportunity to work with some of the smartest individuals from both MindTickle and our customers, who work in fast-growing companies across a variety of industries.
Role & Responsibilities
Customer Success is a critical revenue arm at MindTickle. CSMs are the keepers of our client partnerships, ensuring our customers realize value every single day. They are the primary contact for accounts post-sale and are responsible for the overall success and renewal of assigned accounts.
As a Director of Customer Success, you would own a portfolio of accounts and manage them through a team of Customer Success Managers. Retention and building champions (who evangelize MindTickle and provide references) are the two major performance parameters for the Customer Success Org. You would report directly into VP of Customer Success and work alongside them on strategic initiatives such as customer/team segmentation, segment performance, retention/churn forecasting etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs). Own Renewals and Customer referenceability/evangelization.
- Provide ongoing guidance and consultancy to CSMs on a day-to-day basis - reviewing account health, stakeholder management, risk mitigation, expansion opportunities etc.
- Conduct performance reviews with CSMs.
- Support CSMs with key QBRs and EBRs, which focus on outcomes, data insights, and value
- Triaging unhealthy clients and developing success plans to bring them back to health.
- Participate in, and/or conduct business reviews of Key accounts - activity, outcomes, data insights, and value.
- Ongoing guidance and coaching of CSMs and Team Leads on: a) consulting and advisory skills b) ability to use data-driven approach to understanding and showcasing impact and value to clients c) nurturing relationships with senior stakeholders and internal champions
- Support CSMs in their efforts to expand our relationships with senior-level stakeholders to understand their business needs and desired outcomes, and to showcase the impact of MindTickle on their strategic initiatives.
- Nurturing and supporting MindTickle champions who will serve as references and advocates.
- Provide MindTickle leadership with a) accurate forecasts of customer and revenue retention b) regular reporting on revenue and portfolio health
- Assisting with internal branding, awareness, and showcasing of value. This includes collaborating with CSMs on writing quarterly success stories for each account.
- Work with other leaders within the Customer Success Org (Professional Services, Tech Support, Customer Enablement) and other teams (Sales, Product etc) to maximize Customer Lifetime Value
- Support CSMs as they work alongside Sales to identify and drive expansion opportunities.
- Evaluate and improve internal processes, performance metrics, systems and tools
- 2-4 years of experience in managing Customer Success/Account Management teams with a multi-million-dollar portfolio in SaaS.
- 3-6 years of Customer Success/Account Management experience supporting a SaaS enterprise platform with Fortune 100 customers
- Outstanding business consulting skills (forging relationships with senior-level stakeholders; understanding business goals, strategic plans, metrics, and challenges; collaborating on solutions)
- Track record of proactively identifying problems and resolving them before they escalate
- Experience as an advanced user on a robust, SaaS-based enterprise software platform
- Superior communicator with excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a rapidly changing product and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where change is the only constant
- Hungry and humble with a low ego, and willing to do whatever it takes to succeed
- Personable and collaborative with a track record of working successfully across teams
- Sales enablement or sales technology experience is a very big plus