MindGym use the latest behavioural science to transform the performance of companies and the lives of people who work in them. But don’t take our word for it. Since we started MindGym, we’ve partnered with over half the FTSE 100 and S&P 100, equipping them with an all-important human advantage.
We’re growing rapidly and have successfully floated on the London Stock Exchange. This is just the start. We have a bold vision to redefine how companies and individuals flourish, and so disrupt the market for behavioural change.
MindGym was born around a kitchen table in 2000. Since those early chain-tea-drinking sessions, we’ve worked with most of the world’s top 500 companies. We’ve inspired and transformed the performance of over three million people. And we’ve published four books, including an international best-seller. We’ve left the kitchen table, but we’ve never lost our hunger.
About the role
The Design Team is the engine that brings to life MindGym’s behavioural change products, programs, and solutions for our global clients, large and small (including Nike, Netflix, Royal Mail, Lloyds and Swarovski). This growing team is responsible for ensuring MindGym experiences are supported by beautifully-designed executions that spark engagement, encourage participation, and drive activation across multiple touchpoints.
As a key member of the Design Team, the Design Manager will work closely with the Design Director to develop thoughtful concepts and designs and present them to our clients. This individual will also help evolve our design offering in ways that build our capabilities, streamline our processes, and optimise resources. In addition, they will manage and inspire a team of designers and artworkers to bring their best creative selves to work, every day, as they develop innovative solutions for our clients.
An important component of this role will be collaboration with our Solutions Team (our team of in-house occupational psychologists). An individual with a genuine interest in behavioural science as well as design will excel in this role.
Overall, this is a great opportunity for a mission-driven designer who is passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives.
- Experience creating beautifully-crafted designs, from concept to completion, at a leading brand consultancy, advertising agency or in-house design department
- Strong conceptual thinking, ability to ideate, create and manage strategic concepts and engagement campaigns
- Experience managing individuals and teams
- A mission-driven mindset that takes pride in developing experiences that create impact within organisations large and small
- Able to work individually or with a writer to meld words and images into powerful, persuasive strategic messages
- An agile, multi-tasking working style that can manage and develop multiple creative projects while collaborating closely with our Solutions Team to meet strategic objectives
- Confident and persuasive communication skills, capable of building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience designing for digital, expertise with Adobe CC and Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Experience with motion graphics will be a bonus
What you'll be doing
- Creating concepts for engagement campaigns which will be brought to life working with writers and the rest of the design team
- Understanding and utilising the behavioural science content and point of view on topics like DE&I and performance management when creating concepts for campaigns
- Getting under the skin of audiences; finding out what makes them tick and how you can best engage them
- Collaborating with the wider Creative Team, including Solutions Designers (our behavioural psychologists) to produce collateral for internal and external use
- Presenting work to clients and building their excitement around it
- Mentoring and inspiring a growing design team
If this sounds like you, please get in touch. We’d love to talk!