We use the latest behavioural science to transform the performance of companies and the lives of people who work in them. But don’t take our word for it. Since we started MindGym, we’ve partnered with over half the FTSE 100 and S&P 100, equipping them with an all-important human advantage.
We’re growing rapidly and have successfully floated on the London Stock Exchange. This is just the start. We have a bold vision to redefine how companies and individuals flourish, and so disrupt the market for behavioural change.
MindGym was born around a kitchen table in 2000. Since those early chain-tea-drinking sessions, we’ve worked with most of the world’s top 500 companies. We’ve inspired and transformed the performance of over three million people. And we’ve published four books, including an international best-seller. We’ve left the kitchen table, but we’ve never lost our hunger.
The technology team in Mind Gym is newly created. We are working on a greenfield technology platform build that will transform the business. As a full stack engineer you will be responsible for shaping and implementing new features across a distributed NodeJS, TypeScript and Vue platform. For infrastructure we use AWS and Serverless techniques alongside a modern DevOps stack.
What you'll be doing
- Working as part of a cross functional “mission team” to design, document and implement new features.
- Getting involved with normal agile ceremonies that prepare, co-ordinate and reflect on the team’s throughput.
- Running, operating and caring for the platform that we build.
- Tracking and improving software delivery performance with the “four key metrics”
- Following great engineering practices with clean code, TDD and only building what you need.
- Helping us build a generative team culture with high co-operation, shared risks, encouraged bridging and blame free post-mortems.
- You love being a software engineer
- Experience throughout the stack with Node and Front End (we use a mixture of Typescript, Vue, and Elm)
- Exposure to a variety of data storage technologies and their associated trade-offs (relational and non-relational)
- Experience of building large high-throughput web applications with a distributed microservice backend (synchronous and asynchronous communication)
- Expert in one part of the stack and proficient in the rest
- Critical thinking on when to build vs buy
- Cloud native in AWS or GCP
- You know how which levers accelerate delivery with the “4 key metrics”
- Experience with Storybook
- Good experience of accelerating / de-risking delivery with DevOps practices (TDD, CD pipelines, configuration management etc..)
- Your full stack extends to Lamba and Serverless