Mind Gym uses the latest behavioural science to transform the performance of companies and the lives of people who work in them. Most of FTSE100/S&P100 are clients and over 2 million professionals in 60 countries have taken part in a live Mind Gym experience, whilst many more have connected digitally.
We’re growing rapidly and have successfully floated on the London Stock Exchange. This is just the start. We have a bold vision to redefine how companies and individuals flourish, and so disrupt the market for behavioural change.
If you’re determined to make a difference, voraciously curious and brimming with entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to hear from you.
As our Head of Engineering you will be accountable for the deliveries of all of our full stack, devops and quality engineers. A typical day might include:
- Dipping into squad agile ceremonies spotting opportunities to bridge and enable
- Driving our technical strategy and ensuring it aligns with the needs of the business
- Dealing with stakeholders across product, operations, commercial and senior leadership
- Ensuring our technical roadmap includes debt recovery, infrastructure and quality improvements
- Line management and mentoring of our engineering leads
- Measurement and improvement with DORA metrics, SLOs and OKRs.
- Managing the run cost of our platform using FinOps principles
- Small pieces of coding that prove new ground, enable the team or exemplify good practice
- A background as an individual contributor and still have an opinion
- You have lead and managed teams
- You have also built and retained new teams
- You are comfortable traversing strategic to fine-grained in the same conversation
- Diverse architectural experience (multi-channel content / service based / data pipelines)
- You know which levers accelerate delivery
- Experience of accelerating / de-risking delivery with DevOps practices (TDD, CD pipelines, configuration management etc..)
- Expert in one part of the stack and proficient in the rest
- Critical thinking on when to build vs buy
- Cloud native in AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience of taking teams from start-up to scale-up
- Experience throughout the stack with Node, Typescript and Vue
- Knowledge of SRE practices for incident management & blame free post-mortems
- Your full stack extends to Serverless and Kubernetes