Mind Gym uses the latest behavioural science to transform the performance of companies and the lives of people who work in them. Most of FTSE100/S&P100 are clients and over 2 million professionals in 60 countries have taken part in a live Mind Gym experience, whilst many more have connected digitally.
We’re growing rapidly and have successfully floated on the London Stock Exchange. This is just the start. We have a bold vision to redefine how companies and individuals flourish, and so disrupt the market for behavioural change.
We have some pretty big plans and ambitions for 2021 (and beyond), and to deliver on these we’re going to be growing our passionate, diverse and ambitious team of engineers to help make our mission a reality… If you’re determined to make a difference, voraciously curious and brimming with entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to hear from you.
The technology team in Mind Gym is newly created. We are working on a greenfield technology platform build that will transform the business. As a full stack engineer you will be responsible for shaping and implementing new features across a distributed NodeJS, TypeScript and Vue platform. For infrastructure we use AWS and Serverless techniques alongside a modern DevOps stack.
A typical day might include:
- Working as part of a cross functional “mission team” to design, document and implement new features.
- Getting involved with normal agile ceremonies that prepare, co-ordinate and reflect on the team’s throughput.
- Running, operating and caring for the platform that we build.
- Tracking and improving software delivery performance with the “four key metrics”
- Following great engineering practices with clean code, TDD and only building what you need.
- Helping us build a generative team culture with high co-operation, shared risks, encouraged bridging and blame free post-mortems.
- You love being a software engineer
- Experience throughout the stack with Node and Front End (we use a mixture of Typescript, Vue, and Elm)
- Exposure to a variety of data storage technologies and their associated trade-offs (relational and non-relational)
- Experience of building large high-throughput web applications with a distributed microservice backend (synchronous and asynchronous communication)
- Expert in one part of the stack and proficient in the rest
- Critical thinking on when to build vs buy
- Cloud native in AWS or GCP
- You know how which levers accelerate delivery with the “4 key metrics”
- Experience with Storybook
- Good experience of accelerating / de-risking delivery with DevOps practices (TDD, CD pipelines, configuration management etc..)
- Your full stack extends to Lamba and Serverless