At Mindgrub, we’re always looking to create great work that makes lives better. This is why our Design Managers are so important— you lead a team that embraces human-centered design for the creation of delightful digital products and experiences.
As a Design Manager, you are responsible for a team of 2-5 direct reports and will report to the Group Creative Director for Consulting. This position focuses on experience design, with a keen eye for UX and UI.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and encourage a culture of skill sharing – Communicate and champion the skills required for research and product design work. This includes planning and leading activities that bring the team together to learn. Some of these skills include:
- User experience research, user experience design, information architecture, service design, and usability testing.
- Visual design, information design, interaction design, digital design, branding, and communication design.
- Team development – Guide and mentor team members along clear paths of growth. Establish goals, monitor progress, and seek opportunities to enable team members to pursue those goals.
- Provide support and feedback for team members.
- Meet with team members regularly.
- Conduct performance reviews, and recommend promotions.
- Lead through design – As a senior-level Designer, you have a working knowledge of interactive design, UX design, and UI design. You think critically about business and customer needs in order to make strategic content, functionality, and process recommendations.
- Encourage collaboration – Find ways to build consensus, provide feedback on work outside of your discipline, identify areas for process optimization, and research the latest and greatest tools.
- A guiding presence – As the most senior designer. you are guiding cross-functional teams from idea to final delivery.
- Internal process refinement
- Establish yourself as an active leader of the design team. Take ownership of initiatives that align with department goals. Stand up for process, team members, and values, but also help team members understand when the needs of projects, clients, or the business call for special accommodation.
- Watch industry trends to ensure we are following best practices.
- Participate in the staffing process, working to efficiently match business opportunities with the team members suited to deliver. Provide estimates for level-of-effort, keeping client needs in mind.
- Monitor team performance against expectations and guide team members through our processes.
- Look out for your team – from the embodiment of company values to physical/virtual environment, benefits, collaboration with other teams, and work-life balance. Additionally, help others understand the value of your team.
- Collaborate across departments – Work across teams to understand challenges and opportunities. Help team members understand the needs and values of other teams to ensure input requirements are clearly communicated.
- Thought Leadership – Contribute to marketing efforts: writing blog posts, speaking at company and company-sponsored events, and assisting with the creation of other marketing materials.
- Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience working as a digital product designer with direct reports or equivalent mentorship experience
- We are open to candidates with a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Design or a related field
The Perks of Being a Full Time Mindgrubber
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice! (ask about our COVID policy)
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- PTO available when you start
- A yogi-level flexible schedule
- Free access to Premium Calm app Subscription
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure Club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub Meet Ups and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you fit even 80% of this description? If so, we want to meet you!