At Mindgrub, Associate Creative Directors are thinkers, makers, and masters of their craft.
They drive our Agency practice forward with their desire to produce award-winning work and the ability to reach audiences through intuitive storytelling. They’re natural collaborators who value and respect the contributions of colleagues and clients alike. As passionate mentors, they offer experience and encourage exploration. And if they can jump in a Slack thread to debate the best potato chip flavor, all the better!
As a functional leader at Mindgrub, you’re equally responsible for the career paths of your team members as you are the quality of their creative execution. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to provide ideas and execute tactically. You can oversee multiple projects while directly managing a team and identifying opportunities to evolve the way we do business.
Whether building a digital marketing campaign or producing an engaging website, the team looks to you for timely and helpful feedback. The agency’s integrated services rely on your ability to pursue innovation, use modern production techniques and refine art direction based on project requirements and brand standards.
If you’ve got a passion for collaboration and a team-first approach to leadership, then we want to chat with you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as the primary creative on identified projects or client relationships, responsible for guiding cross-functional teams through the process from idea to final delivery.
- Contribute ideas, develop concepts while providing constructive feedback, and doing the creative execution yourself at times.
- Manage the quality of creative assets as stand-alone deliverables or as part of a larger campaign or website.
- Provide creative direction for photo and video shoots across various clients and types of projects.
- Collaborate with other functional leaders to assign primary creatives and execution teams to new projects or clients.
- Establish annual goals and performance progress reports for team members while helping to hone their skills throughout the year.
- Be an independent thinker, but not an island. You can work closely with User Experience designers and Digital Marketing strategists on optimal strategies to increase reach and engagement.
- Welcome critique on your work and believe the best ideas come from collaboration—with colleagues & clients.
- Be curious. You don’t need to know it all, but you should have research skills to dig into and develop a project strategy and be open to new solutions.
- Have a critical eye for detail—and a collaborative mindset when others proof or provide feedback on the work you bring to the table.
- Communicate with purpose on production teams with colleagues and can present your ideas to clients with polish & panache.
- 10 years of experience preferred, 8 years minimum, in an agency or relevant client environment.
- Remarkable leadership capabilities with the confidence to grow teams and guide rising talent.
- Working knowledge of the advertising fundamentals and overall creative process—copywriting, art direction, experiential, social media, branding, websites, and digital marketing.
- Ability to craft and present creative concepts to build buy-in from internal and client teams.
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends and production tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as experience working strategically on multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
- Experience turning work around in a pinch, without sacrificing your colleagues’ (or your own) sanity, time for critique, overall quality, and brand alignment.
- Proven ability to align creative concepts with marketing strategies.
- Solutions-minded and a creative problem-solver.
The Perks of Being a Full Time Mindgrubber
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice! (ask about our COVID policy)
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- PTO available when you start
- A yogi-level flexible schedule
- Free access to Premium Calm app Subscription
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure Club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub Meet Ups and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you fit even 80% of this description? If so, we want to meet you!