Our ideal candidate is someone who can drive the strategic direction of their accounts, and serve as the trusted advisor. The Account Manager (communicates with energy and authority knowing when and how to adjust their communication and management style when relaying direction to a multi-disciplinary team of strategy, creative, and technology partners, both internally and externally facing.
As an Account Manager, you will collaborate and work with cross functional teams such as project managers, engineers, designers, user experience architects, and marketing mavericks, to achieve the highest quality of work on behalf of our clients. Your day-to-day will vary, but will typically include, daily stand-ups, client communication via email, zoom, and phone, account status updates, internal team meetings, and serving as the go-to knowledge repository when it comes to your client’s project, industry, and ongoing strategy.
Our ideal candidate has experience in both websites and digital marketing campaign projects. He/she is enthusiastic and has a positive attitude and is a problem solver. He/She is able to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between Mindgrub and your clients in all matters
- Naturally develops strong, trusting relationships with clients and internal teams
- Build upon and strengthen current accounts, focusing on opportunities for growth through the cross-selling of other services, i.e., ongoing maintenance, marketing, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure client and project health
- Work closely with Project Managers, and contribute to the development/management of project timelines and budgets
- Serves as the team main source of knowledge when it comes to client’s strategic plans and goals
- Implement and improve best practices internally and externally during the project life cycle
- Identify, track, and remove impediments to project success, while triaging issues proactively, resolving conflicts, and escalating, as necessary
- Responsible for the overall quality of work delivered by the team
Create and review account briefs
- Manage a cross-functional team through multiple projects with a high degree of confidence, independence, and sound judgment
- Manage multiple engagements across a single client and ensure continuity/consistency of brand, style, messaging and marketing goals across all channels
- Document the needs of the client and translate them into requirements
- Actively listen and engage with clients to ensure a clear understanding of objectives, concerns, and success criteria serving as their trusted partner and solutions provider
- Communicate clearly and effectively with both the client and internal team members to ensure there is sound understanding on what the client wants and needs and the team members are able to execute on the work
- Work closely with Project Managers to distribute tasking according to the skills of team members and develop appropriate strategies for achieving project goals
- Work closely with the Project Manager and any relevant internal teams to set realistic goals for the project and ensure project success criteria is achieved
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Minimum 2-3 years agency experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and distill complex information in a concise and clear form for all internal team members and stakeholders
- Previous experience in overseeing website development and Digital Marketing campaign projects
- Analytical, strategic problem solving conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods
- Highly efficient and detail-oriented with demonstrated capabilities around time management
- Lead the full team under pressure while consistently exceeding clients’ expectations and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated skilled knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies, agile/scrum certifications a plus
- Takes an active leadership role in the team
- Strategic customer service orientation, with the ability to form long-term relationships with clients
- Strong ability to communicate internally and externally, translating internal dialogue and communication dev speak to client speak and vice versa
- Exceptional presentation skills and confident speaking during internal/client meetings
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 3+ years of account management experience in a client-facing role; agency experience preferred
- Experience working with accounts of all sizes from small businesses to enterprise level clients
- Thirst for knowledge and always ready to learn more
- Proven ability to grow accounts, with experience supporting new business teams
- Experience working on a wide variety of digital projects, including web, marketing, and mobile
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Products Suite, and Project Management tools
The Perks Of Being A Mindgrubber
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice! (ask about our Covid policy)
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), phone, and gym stipends
- PTO available when you start
- A yogi-level flexible schedule
- Free access to Premium Calm app Subscription
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub Meet Ups and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you fit even 80% of this description? If so, we want to meet you!