At Mindgrub, we aspire to build technology that unlocks human potential. Our mission is to do work that makes lives better, jobs easier, and helps businesses thrive. As Designers, we bring humanity to the experiences we create through critical thinking, artistry, and experimentation. Our Design Team is unique because we make space to be brave, vulnerable, experiment for impact, and explore new ideas.
As a senior-level Product Designer, you will be embedded on diverse, highly-collaborative project teams. You are a curious, thoughtful, and passionate Product Design specialist. You create high-quality work through your dedication to the craft, critique, and iteration. You are excited to create and advocate for the Human-Centered Computing and Visual Design disciplines - research, user experience design, high-fidelity user interface design, experience-centric advocacy - in order to enable delightful, goal-driven user experiences for web and native mobile applications.
You will be positioned as a senior designer on your project teams and will have the opportunity to learn from and educate team members and clients. You will also have the space to mentor other Designers and/or team members who desire to extend their knowledge of product design.
A snapshot of a Product Designer’s responsibilities may include: generative research, socializing research results, moderating workshops and Design Thinking activities, persona creation, user journey mapping, workflow diagramming, wireframing, site mapping, prototyping, usability testing, design documentation, UX/UI design for specialized audiences (508/WCAG compliance), auditing and recommending fixes, and explaining design decisions to clients.
- Proven record in helping business and users achieve success for digital products
- Experience crafting research and user experience design strategies, including user interviews, prototyping, user testing, and more
- Experience creating design systems
- Experience creating industry leading UI for web and mobile apps
- Experience advising product teams on design strategy on large, agile projects
- Clear, concise, accurate, and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work creatively within project constraints and possibilities
- Ability to balance competing priorities and overlapping deadlines
- Familiar with industry standard tools such as Figma, UserZoomGo, Miro, Condens
- Familiar with web and mobile paradigms and commonly used frameworks like Drupal, Wordpress, iOS, Android
- Ability to work with an agile, fast paced environment, with close collaboration with engineers, data analysts, product owners, and business stakeholders
- This is a fully remote position - however, there may be occasional domestic travel for major client milestones
Education & Experience
- Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience with research, UX & UI Design, and digital product design
- We are open to candidates with a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in UX/HCI, Information Architecture, or related fields, though a degree is not a requirement
The Perks of Being a Full Time Mindgrubber
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice! (ask about our Covid policy)
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), phone, and gym stipends
- PTO available when you start
- A yogi-level flexible schedule
- Free access to Premium Calm app Subscription
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub Meet Ups and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you fit even 80% of this description? If so, we want to meet you!