As a Senior Product Manager you will plan, manage and own product development — from concept discovery to production release — for a Mindgrub client’s technology. You will have the opportunity to lead the product strategy and delivery practices for our client, helping them to adopt agility and bring value to the market under the leadership of the Mindgrub product strategy team.
The individual filling this role will be contracted by Mindgrub first, and will have the opportunity to turn into a permanent product leader on the client’s tech team at the end of the contract period if there is a mutual fit.
Mindgrub’s client is an IoT company based in Southeast Florida. They have hardware and software developers working on technology that creates safer, more efficient environments for public and private transportation.
Successful Senior Product Managers are comfortable creating and executing strategy that best meets the needs of each unique team and unique client that you work with. This role is a part of the leadership structure that is accountable for Mindgrub clients’ success. As such, leadership is the number one expectation of this position. The role requires emotional intelligence, the ability to earn trust and command authority. The best candidate needs to possess an owner’s mindset, and to be comfortable creating clarity and definition where
uncertainty and ambiguity may exist.
- Act as the voice of the customer for the product delivery team
- Create strategy and present ideas to stakeholders
- Lead scrum teams and scrum ceremonies, write user stories, refine the product backlog, coordinate delivery team activities
- Lead workshops and other activities aimed at defining the problem to be solved, generating hypotheses, promoting ideation, and managing tradeoffs
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and fulfill business requirements and end user needs
- Act as the main point of contact between the product delivery team and external stakeholders
- Develop user stories, defining acceptance criteria and determining priority to maintain a healthy product backlog
- Maintain the product roadmap of major value milestones to align the development team and external stakeholders
- Set sprint goals and lead sprint planning
- Plan product releases
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to the members of the product delivery team
- Past experience being responsible for at least one enterprise software product vertical, leading a software development team, accountable for vision, strategy, roadmap, budget and performance metrics
- 4+ years managing enterprise Agile software development products in a Product Management or Product Ownership capacity
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work or training experience. Five years of additional hands-on experience in a relevant field and a high school diploma may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Outstanding leadership, verbal, written, organizational and presentation skills
- Experience shipping consumer-facing features or products to market
- Demonstrated experience with diverse Agile software delivery methods including Scrum, Kanban and/or hybrid framework implementation. Demonstrated experience participating in an enterprise Agile transformation is a huge plus.
- Experience leading design workshops
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Skilled at breaking down problems, building consensus, setting direction, and aligning stakeholder expectations in the face of uncertainty
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Experience working in, or demonstrating knowledge of, heavily regulated and compliance-driven industry is a huge plus (e.g. government, transportation, energy, healthcare)
Environment and Additional Factors
- Ideal candidates will be able to travel and work onsite in Boca Raton, FL with the client in the
preliminary weeks of their employment, with remote flexibility after that (unless otherwise agreed)
- Supporting team members in various time zones
- Some travel required
The Perks Of Being A Mindgrubber
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice! (ask about our Covid policy)
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, phone and gym stipends
- PTO available right when you start
- A yogi-level flexible schedule
- Free access to Premium Calm app subscription
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub meet ups, and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you fit even 80% of this description? If so, we want to meet you!