You can lead a team, talk to clients, find the answers, and you OWN IT. At Mindgrub, we aspire to build technology that unlocks human potential. Our mission is to produce work that makes lives better, jobs easier, and helps businesses thrive. In order to accomplish this, we need incredible employees who embody our values of collaboration, grit, curiosity, problem-solving, and pet-photo-sharing.
As a Product Owner, you have the ability to plan, manage, and own the work of Mindgrub projects from start to finish. You will collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders. Internally, you will often partner with a Scrum Master, a UX Researcher and/or Designer, a Business Analyst, an Account Manager or Engagement Director, along with an Engineering team. Externally, you will have a client-facing role, leading meetings, delivering presentations, and at times acting as the main point of contact.
Success in this role means being an independent self-starter who is comfortable creating and executing a strategy to best meet the needs of each unique team and client. This role is a part of the leadership structure that manages accounts at Mindgrub, so leadership skills are a top priority.
Basically, when the development team looks at each other and asks “Wait—what are we doing? And why are we doing it?” you have the answer (psst- it’s usually “Let me Slack someone real quick!”)
- Work with external stakeholders to gather requirements that will fulfill end-user needs
- Strategize and present ideas to stakeholders
- Act as the main point of contact between the development team and external stakeholders
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Maintain product roadmap of major value milestones to align the development team and external stakeholders
- Lead the development team by managing and prioritizing the product backlog
- Set sprint goals and lead sprint planning
- Plan releases
- Within the development team, be the business subject matter expert and voice of the customer for your particular accounts
Past experience being responsible for at least one software product vertical, leading a software development team, accountable for vision, strategy, roadmap, budget, and performance metrics.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience shipping consumer-facing features or products
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Agile software delivery including Scrum, Kanban and/or hybrid framework implementations
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Skilled at breaking down problems, building consensus, and setting direction in the face of uncertainty
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Prior experiencing working for a digital agency or consultancy is strongly preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice! (ask about our Covid policy)
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, phone and gym stipends
- PTO available right when you start
- A yogi-level flexible schedule
- Free access to Premium Calm app subscription
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub Meet Ups, and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you fit even 70% of this description? If so, we want to meet you!