Bravely lead your team of engineers into the future (of innovative custom web applications!)
At Mindgrub, we aspire to build technology that unlocks human potential. Our mission is to produce work that makes lives better, jobs easier, and helps businesses thrive. The way to accomplish this directly, is to have amazing Engineering Managers. In the Engineering Manager position, you’ll have an eye on process and functionality while managing timelines and providing invaluable feedback, all while sharing pictures of your cat/bird/dog (we’re not picky).
Engineering Managers collaborate with our engagement teams and senior leadership in order to deliver robust software solutions for Mindgrub's clients while also managing the people and flow of Mindgrub's Engineering work. You will lead project teams to derive requirements and successfully deliver technical solutions to satisfy our clients' business goals, mentor the growth of engineering team members, and help define and enforce Mindgrub Engineering processes across all projects.
- Collaborate with other team members by sharing experience and knowledge to solve problems
- Look for ways to improve processes and functionality to further deliver increased value to Mindgrub and it's clients
- Participate in all aspects of engineering projects
- Self improvement through constant learning
- Be aware of project budgets and timelines
- Be accountable for project deliverables
- Participate in peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Be accountable for project deliverables, budget, and client needs
- Ensure projects are following Mindgrub standard processes
- Interact with clients on an as-needed basis to provide project updates and information
- Participate in the new candidate interview process, hiring evaluations and recommendations
- Research and evaluate solutions, features, and related technologies that fulfill project requirements, augment and improve the application, and anticipate future client needs
- Have domain expertise for a given technology or field
- Interact with clients on a regular basis to provide project updates and information
- Make project level decisions including, but not limited to, 3rd-party libraries and frameworks
- Mentor other software engineers and be available to assist with technical questions
- Provide input on project resourcing
- Provide peer performance feedback
- Responsible for producing project level and task level LOEs
- Communicate performance reviews to direct reports
- Evaluate staffing needs for PTO approval
- Gather performance reviews from a direct report's peers
- Make decisions on performance increases for direct reports
- Manage contractors and production staff engineers
- Meet with direct reports in a 1-on-1 capacity
- Meet with direct reports regularly to discuss career planning
- Provide training recommendations and coordinate technical instruction
Education & Experience
- Preferred to have an undergraduate or graduate technical degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- 2 years of team and/or project leadership experience.
- 1 year of team management experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss any issues with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Must be able to attend meetings either digitally or in person.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The Perks Of Being A Mindgrubber:
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice! (ask about our Covid policy)
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), phone, and gym stipends
- PTO available when you start
- A yogi-level flexible schedule
- Free access to Premium Calm app Subscription
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub Meet Ups and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you fit even 80% of this description? If so, we want to meet you!